The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

have alumni games this weekend and was wondering, i have been calling boys college and highschool, for a few years now and have been asked to do the girls game before the boys this weekend. What are the major differences between girls and boys college, besides the no 10 second count in the back court?? Is everything else pretty much the same? Can't believe the season is already here...gotta love it..
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 08:47am
In Memoriam

If you take a look at the back of the NFHS rule book, the rules differences between NFHs and NCAA men and women are listed. Page 78/79 in this year's book. The ncaa rules for men and women are also on line at http://www.ncaa.org.
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

main differences to be concerned with are; no 10 second back court and no 5 second closely guarded while dribbling.
Old Thu Oct 07, 2004, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Also a big difference in how they line up for FTs---men start below the block, women above.

Old Fri Oct 08, 2004, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by jritchie
have alumni games this weekend and was wondering, i have been calling boys college and highschool, for a few years now and have been asked to do the girls game before the boys this weekend. What are the major differences between girls and boys college, besides the no 10 second count in the back court?? Is everything else pretty much the same? Can't believe the season is already here...gotta love it..
One important difference between high school and college is that the hs players are boys and girls, and the college players are men and women. Am I knocking you? Well, maybe a little. I AM pleased that you called the older players girls and boys, rather than girls and men, as I've heard others do. In fact, there's a school here in the Portland area where the bathrooms are marked "Men" and "Girls". I went and told the AD I couldn't find the women's bathroom. He said, "It's right there." I said, "Oh, that's for women as well as girls? Thanks for your help." I'm really not sure he got it. I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old Mon Oct 11, 2004, 08:34am
Official Forum Member

Thanks for all the help!

My "MENS AND WOMENS" Games went very well, but man was i sore on sunday morning! I guess that's one way to get in shape..