The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 03:11am
Official Forum Member

Unhappy

I was rather disappointed tonight while watching the 1974 ACC tournament championship game between NC State and Maryland on ESPN Classic. With about 4 minutes to play and the score 91-89, they went to commercial and upon returning only gave a few highlights while summarizing the final minutes of regulation and the OT. They did this so that the game would end on the hour. I understand the time constraints of TV broadcasting, but isn't this what this channel is for? Show the whole darn game! The game was followed by some NFL highlights of the Jets and Dolphins from Sept. 21, 1986. Certainly nothing pressing. I was really ticked to not see the entire finish of that great basketball game.
Does anyone know how to give feedback to ESPN about their Classic channel broadcasts? I wish to let them know how I feel.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 09:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref

It aint gonna be easy to get ahold of them because ESPN has an unlisted phone number.

Good luck!
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 12:20pm
Do not give a damn!!

They have this thing called "Drive Thru Classics" where the game only lasts an hour. They run thru all the points of the game that were not that important and give you the highlight moments. They almost never show all the games in the first place, there are a lot of things that take place that would make the games go longer than the normal two hours they show. I do not think it is a big deal. Maybe there was a problem with the tape of the game?

Peace
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

The few I've watched all seem to have key points of a game missing. The editing process they use appears to have no rhyme or reason. It appears simply random. I've seen games where the biggest play of the game is missing...such as a football game that is tied going into the 4th quarter...they cut away and come back with it being a 14 point game. What??? How'd that happen? Then, there are no more scores....no explanation.
Old Thu Sep 16, 2004, 06:10pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
I was rather disappointed tonight while watching the 1974 ACC tournament championship game between NC State and Maryland on ESPN Classic. With about 4 minutes to play and the score 91-89, they went to commercial and upon returning only gave a few highlights while summarizing the final minutes of regulation and the OT. They did this so that the game would end on the hour. I understand the time constraints of TV broadcasting, but isn't this what this channel is for? Show the whole darn game! The game was followed by some NFL highlights of the Jets and Dolphins from Sept. 21, 1986. Certainly nothing pressing. I was really ticked to not see the entire finish of that great basketball game.
Does anyone know how to give feedback to ESPN about their Classic channel broadcasts? I wish to let them know how I feel.
Basketball preempted by football. What's wrong with that?