The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 08, 2004, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to canefan17
Hey guys,

I was in a reffing chapter in Lubbock, TX and recenlty moved to Orlando. Does anybody know who I can talk to about getting into reffing in Orlando, FL. I haven't found anything on the net.

Anybody have any contacts in Orlando, FL?

Thanks guys!
-Go Canes!
Old Thu Jul 08, 2004, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Sorry, I don't have any contacts down there, although I'll be there for camp in a couple weeks.

You working for the Mouse?
Old Thu Jul 08, 2004, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

I work HS ball in the local Orlando association, Central Florida Officials Association. Check out the website: http://www.cfoa.com

Just as a heads up the state is trying to get all basketball officials to register before the end of July this year.

You can e-mail me if there's any other information that you need that you can't find. Look forward to seeing you on the floor.

Old Fri Jul 09, 2004, 11:11am
Official Forum Member

Hey

Thanks man!

I went to the website and checked it out. It seemed like it had a lot more on football season(being as how it's coming up first).

So I really didn't get much information. But I sent the VP an email. So we'll see what happens.

I wanted to ask you a coupl questions if you don't mind.

In Lubbock we paid 50 dollars to join the "chapter". Then we attend a weekly meeting and sign up for games on one of the weeks. Is that how you guys go about doing things? etc?

Thanks
-Go Canes!
Old Fri Jul 09, 2004, 11:14am
Official Forum Member

LOL

Right after I posted ^^^^^above I found some good info on the site. I'm filling out a registration form and I guess I'll go from there.

-Go Canes!
Old Mon Jul 12, 2004, 11:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to refgatormaz
Cool Orlando Help

I work summer ball at wide world of sports at disney for summer boys and girls aau. http://www.officially-officials.com is where you want to go to work that. You fill out the form, put in availability, and you will usually get a call back. I go to school at the university of florida so I work in the assn up there, but I hope I could be of some help! Take it easy!

Bobby
Old Tue Jul 13, 2004, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Thanks for the link, maz. I'll be down there beginning on the 20th. Maybe I'll see if I can get some work in before camp starts.
Old Thu Jul 22, 2004, 08:36pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry for the delay -- been away from my computer for a few days.

Once you join the association, there will be a couple of mandatory meetings to attend before the season starts, as well as the state rules clinic, and rules exam (be sure you register with the state).

The local association will have some training clinics before the season, try to get to these for no other reason than to get seen by the assignor and other veteran officials. You will send in your availability to the assignor and will then get a schedule in the mail once a month or so throughout the season.

Don't get discouraged with the games you'll get at first, it will take a while for the assignor to get to know you, and at what level you can handle.

Feel free to ask any more questions you might have, you can e-mail me if you'd like.

L