The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
Angry

During halftime of a local HS varsity tournament finals, last Saturday, A fan spilled her Frito Chili Pie just out of bounds, under the basket. The FCP got cleaned up but a thin film of grease remained on the floor. Several times during the half a player trying to inbound the ball slipped and either fell onto the court or slipped and fell dropping the ball onto the court. The game was a blowout and there was no way I was going to penalize the losing team for the slippery surface. So, I let the same teamenbound the ball again. On two occasions I ask Game Management to clean the floor. Both efforts were obviously unsuccessful. Because the game was a run-away ,there were no complaints from coaches or fans. My concern is what to do in a similar situation and close game?
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

You could always move the throw-in to a spot that is not silppery. Also, if a player slips while running the baseline on a throw-in, you could always blow the play dead, give the player a spot throw in.

OR

You could get a FCP from the concession stand and spread it on the floor under the opposite basket, to make it fair
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to mcdanrd Send a message via AIM to mcdanrd Send a message via Yahoo to mcdanrd
Talking

Rookie,

I love your last solution. With insight like that your bound to go far.
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Am I the only one thinking - why would one eat a frito chili pie? Does not even sound good.

and...Talk about a maloxx moment.
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Obviously your not from small town Oklahoma where it's a staple. The fritos pass thru the gap caused by the 4 missing front teeth
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

mcdanrd: you can tell us all how you either are the route sales person for frito lay or you own stock in the company! Actually with 4 front teeth missing maybe a bratworst with sauerkraut would feel better but think of that mess!!!!! And your town isn't that small I was there a few years ago for the grand opening of Burger King, oh my, more messy than ever!
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 05:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
Am I the only one thinking - why would one eat a frito chili pie? Does not even sound good.

I agree. Sometimes the hot dogs at games are bad enough, but Frito Chili Pie??? Do I even want to know what that is made of?
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 07:06pm
In Memoriam

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by mcdanrd
Obviously your not from small town Oklahoma where it's a staple. The fritos pass thru the gap caused by the 4 missing front teeth
mcdanrd,
I laughed out loud!
Thanks.
Old Thu Jan 11, 2001, 11:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Liability issue.

I realize that it might be a pain in the ass, but you better make sure that the surface is totally clean and not slippery. If it is not, and a kid or anyone else for that matter slips, they might just hold you responsible for their injuries. Take all the time you need, because it might benefit you in the long run.

Just something to think about.

Quote:
Originally posted by mcdanrd
During halftime of a local HS varsity tournament finals, last Saturday, A fan spilled her Frito Chili Pie just out of bounds, under the basket. The FCP got cleaned up but a thin film of grease remained on the floor. Several times during the half a player trying to inbound the ball slipped and either fell onto the court or slipped and fell dropping the ball onto the court. The game was a blowout and there was no way I was going to penalize the losing team for the slippery surface. So, I let the same teamenbound the ball again. On two occasions I ask Game Management to clean the floor. Both efforts were obviously unsuccessful. Because the game was a run-away ,there were no complaints from coaches or fans. My concern is what to do in a similar situation and close game?
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 12:33am
Official Forum Member

Recipe for a Frito Chili Pie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

I agree. Sometimes the hot dogs at games are bad enough, but Frito Chili Pie??? Do I even want to know what that is made of?

1 small bag - Fritos
1 cup - chili
2 tbs - cheese
2 tbs - sour cream
Cayenne pepper hot sauce (optional)

Mmmm good!
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 03:26am
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Re: Recipe for a Frito Chili Pie

Damn man, you are making me hungry!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:

1 small bag - Fritos
1 cup - chili
2 tbs - cheese
2 tbs - sour cream

Mmmm good!
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

Talking

If the slippery spot is in a place that causes the player to slip, chances are that you the official could hit the same spot and hurt yourself. Get it cleaned up. Regardless of how long it takes. Safety is suppose to be the first concern. Especially at the FED level. Also, a tip with the Frito pie. Eat one a few hours before your game. Let one rip in the lane and you have one less violation to worry about enforcing. The three second rule.
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 09:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Recipe for a Frito Chili Pie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
[i]

1 small bag - Fritos
1 cup - chili
2 tbs - cheese
2 tbs - sour cream

Mmmm good!
What??? No Crisco??
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 10:08am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Recipe for a Frito Chili Pie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref

What??? No Crisco??
Actually, it's quite good! I'd never eat one at a ballgame but with some homemade chili, you can't beat it! Canned chili could give you problems for weeks!
Old Fri Jan 12, 2001, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Liability issue.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
I realize that it might be a pain in the ass, but you better make sure that the surface is totally clean and not slippery. If it is not, and a kid or anyone else for that matter slips, they might just hold you responsible for their injuries. Take all the time you need, because it might benefit you in the long run.

Just something to think about.

I completely agree. Delay the game until it is rectified. This applies for any age teams. If they can not get it fixed, suspend the game on the grounds of safety.

An oil slick on the endline is a lawsuit waiting to happen.