The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 19, 2004, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to brandan89 Send a message via Yahoo to brandan89
Talking

I am just getting home from my first camp. It was great I had 3 games with great partners. The only thing was I havent practiced 3 man and thats what they did. After I got use to it went smooth. My first game home team member falls down hits head on the floor and is bleeding so paramedics is called. But it went great,.
Old Sun Jun 20, 2004, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Red face Camps

Brandon you should come up north, I did some marathon reffing. 32 games in 3 days. Bought a new pair of new balance walking shoes, broke them on the court and didn't have a blister on my feet!!! Dave
Old Sun Jun 20, 2004, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by brandan89
I am just getting home from my first camp. It was great I had 3 games with great partners. The only thing was I havent practiced 3 man and thats what they did. After I got use to it went smooth. My first game home team member falls down hits head on the floor and is bleeding so paramedics is called. But it went great,.
Brandan, glad to hear you had a good experience. Any plays stand out in your mind that you would like to get our thoughts on?
Old Sun Jun 20, 2004, 08:13pm
Official Forum Member

Not really I had a lot of good help from many of officials. The funny thing is, in one game the coach got 3 "T" in a team camp. I start summer leagues next week
I would also like to thank yall from the post on here because i used A LOT of stuff I learned on here . They couldent believe I was out there calling Highschool ball at 15 They said I was doing good for my age, keep on going .
Old Sun Jun 20, 2004, 08:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Not really I had a lot of good help from many of officials. The funny thing is, in one game the coach got 3 "T" in a team camp. I start summer leagues next week
I would also like to thank yall from the post on here because i used A LOT of stuff I learned on here . They couldent believe I was out there calling Highschool ball at 15 They said I was doing good for my age, keep on going .
I betcha they were surprised! Use that age thing to your advantage and assimilate as much input as you can, man. You've got quite a head start on most officials. I didn't start officiating until I was 48. Too wrapped up in playing and coaching. Wish I had started sooner.
Old Mon Jun 21, 2004, 06:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The funny thing is, in one game the coach got 3 "T" in a team camp.

Was he not ejected after 2?

Or did he pull a Bobby Knight and earn #3 on his way out??
Old Mon Jun 21, 2004, 11:29am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

I wish he was ejected after 2 but unfortunally they wouldent let us kick a coach or player out due to it being a "team camp". For the T shots, they could olny shoot on instead of 2 and also for fouls they could only shoot 1 instead of 2 or 3. They didnt even use a coaching box so after the T's he was still up on the floor hollaring. For the first T he earned he asked my partner ( a female) what in the hell was she doing, she turned around and looked at him and said this, BEEEP "T". I thought it was kind of funny.