The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 02:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
But how 'bout those old collared ref shirts? I think that we should bring them back! Maybe get the whole crew for a State Final to wear them.
I recently saw one of the vets at a weekend tourney wearing one and told him that 1975 called and wanted the shirt back.

Hey! Don't exagerate too much. Those shirts were around much later than the 70's!!!! I think 1995 might be more accurate.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 07:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Camron Rust
Quote:
But how 'bout those old collared ref shirts? I think that we should bring them back! Maybe get the whole crew for a State Final to wear them.
I recently saw one of the vets at a weekend tourney wearing one and told him that 1975 called and wanted the shirt back.

Hey! Don't exagerate too much. Those shirts were around much later than the 70's!!!! I think 1995 might be more accurate.
They do have some good uses though. My wife made shoe bags from my old collared shirts. Did a nice job on them and several fellow officials mentioned they liked the idea.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

Quote:
Ah, dude, we wear that shirt in football. The only difference, a front pocket.
Old Tue May 11, 2004, 01:44pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker

Quote:
But how 'bout those old collared ref shirts?
my favorite non-standard shirt that I saw last year in a rec game still had "Foot Locker" embroidered on the upper left front. I'm serious, this guy was wearing that for his games.

Old Tue May 11, 2004, 09:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker

my favorite non-standard shirt that I saw last year in a rec game still had "Foot Locker" embroidered on the upper left front. I'm serious, this guy was wearing that for his games.

Actually, I think I'd enjoy doing this at one of my intramural games - see if anyone notices.