The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 12:07am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I remember a few months ago, or maybe a lot of months ago, talking about what to look for when you have yourself videotaped. Now I can't find the thread. Any suggestions?
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 12:17am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to PGCougar
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I remember a few months ago, or maybe a lot of months ago, talking about what to look for when you have yourself videotaped. Now I can't find the thread. Any suggestions?
Have you tried a google search, using key words you remember, and limiting it to the officialforum.com domain?

You should be able to get some hits and take it from there.

PG
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

This is kinda off-topic, but I have a question. I film our varsity boys and girls games. I use my own camera, but make copies of the tapes for the respective teams. Since I have a "master" copy of the games, I've often wondered if officials would pay to receive a copy of a game tape. Since I'm taping the games, I couldn't guarantee always having an official in the frame, but I do try to capture the official when reporting a call to the bench. If I offered that service to you, would you take advantage of it, and how much would be a reasonable price?

- Catherine Aird
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 08:35am
In Memoriam

Quote:
http://www.officialforum.com/thread/11306
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Thanks, Jurassic. That's what I was looking for. I tried Google, couldn't make it work for me. Anyone have suggestions about how to use Google?
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Thanks, Jurassic. That's what I was looking for. I tried Google, couldn't make it work for me. Anyone have suggestions about how to use Google?
Someone posted some guidelines recently.

You could search for them, but to that you'd have to have some suggestions on how to use google ....

Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by theboys
This is kinda off-topic, but I have a question. I film our varsity boys and girls games. I use my own camera, but make copies of the tapes for the respective teams. Since I have a "master" copy of the games, I've often wondered if officials would pay to receive a copy of a game tape. Since I'm taping the games, I couldn't guarantee always having an official in the frame, but I do try to capture the official when reporting a call to the bench. If I offered that service to you, would you take advantage of it, and how much would be a reasonable price?
What do you charge for your school or the other teams? If you are providing them a service to improve the game, then you should extend that courtesy to the officials. This will only improve the quality of officiating for your area.

With that being said, it would be reasonable to ask for the money it cost for the tape. I'd probably pay ten dollars but not when most good coaches offer a copy as a professional courtesy.
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
As I was driving my kids to school this morning, I was remembering another thread where mick had posted a very detailed and helpful list of things to look for. I think it was within the last year. Any help on this one? I refuse to put "mick" into Google and see what comes up, even with restricting the search to this site only. I tried "Break down tape" and "breaking down tape" and got nuthin, not even the thread Woody got. I feel like such a Luddite.
Old Mon Apr 19, 2004, 01:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:

Someone posted some guidelines recently.

You could search for them, but to that you'd have to have some suggestions on how to use google ....

It was me...

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/13000