The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 06:55am
Official Forum Member

Did I win espn did not have it updated yet, last time I look. Not bad for a rookie ref huh fellas.
Hey I like to thanx to all of u guys on here for answering basketball scenarios, I have learned alot hopefully I can used it on the court next season as I tried to advance to the next level. I wish some of u guys lived in utah I could use a good mentor.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 07:10am
In Memoriam

Well don't make it sound like you're leaving.

Around the end of April the new NFHS rules will be torn apart.
mick
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

I love this site I would not leave, I learn more here than the book.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 12:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xxssmen
I wish some of u guys lived in utah...
A few of us do.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Congrats xxssmen on winning the tourney bracket and you were only 5 points off the final score .

I would have won if Tech had won but UConn completely shut down their offense (until the last 2 min). UConn almost let them come back by slowing down their game and trying to run time off the clock.

A friend in Kentucky would have won $1600 in an office pool had Tech won. I know he was just a little disappointed by Tech's performance.

How about that foul call on Luke (the Aussey) when he blocked Gordon on the fast break 3 pointer in the first half. I'm not criticizing the officiating crew they called a very even game. I'm just talking about this one call because when he blew his whistle he looked like he regretted calling it. It looked like from my angle with my butt on the couch a jump ball. As a Tech fan I was biting my lip, as a ref I was thinking about the times that I've blown my whistle and cussed myself all the way to the reporting area .
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cford

How about that foul call on Luke (the Aussey) when he blocked Gordon on the fast break 3 pointer in the first half. I'm not criticizing the officiating crew they called a very even game. I'm just talking about this one call because when he blew his whistle he looked like he regretted calling it. It looked like from my angle with my butt on the couch a jump ball. As a Tech fan I was biting my lip, as a ref I was thinking about the times that I've blown my whistle and cussed myself all the way to the reporting area .
Understood - I think we can all have a good discussion on this play.

If it's the play I think you're talking about, I think Schensher (sp?) held the ball with his right hand (poss. jump ball if Gordon comes back to the ground) but I think he fouled Gordon with his left hand - lower, around the hip or stomach.

I wish I had a replay of this, because I want to know when the whistle came - at the ball contact or at the push. I know I've been bailed out (bigtime) before when I've anticipated a call, whistle, and then thankfully a push in the back or something.

The big thing to take from this - anticipate the play, not the call!
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 04:23pm
Official Forum Member

Not only did I think that was a good block, but the 1st foul of the game was a good block. Two fouls early that looked like good blocks.
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 04:31pm
Official Forum Member

My opininon of the call was that he kicked the call. Since I have Tivo, I ran a few instant replays of it and what I saw was a clean block. I also agree, that the officials body language was that of "Oh Sh*t! Well I have to go with it now" and that is why they let Hewitt have a real long leash. JMO

All of that being said, he was still on the floor and I was not and he may have seen something else. I am going to go back to it tonight and see if I can see what he reported mechanics wise. If he reported hack, I have to say no way. If he reported push, I'll look for that again. But it may be just one that he "kicked it" and would probably be the first to say that he did! We all kick em now and again. Its the frequency of the kicks that seperates many of us
Old Tue Apr 06, 2004, 05:08pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by BBall_Junkie
My opininon of the call was that he kicked the call. Since I have Tivo, I ran a few instant replays of it and what I saw was a clean block. I also agree, that the officials body language was that of "Oh Sh*t! Well I have to go with it now" and that is why they let Hewitt have a real long leash. JMO

Yup, gotta agree with you guys on that one. Looked like a clean block.