Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Dec 26, 2000, 04:10am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Top Ten, You Know You're In Trouble

You know you're in trouble when...

10. ... your partner asks, "Should we call these uniforms teal or cerise?"

9. ... the home coach is an old flame from college who jilted you because you weren't manly enough.

8. ... you hear a parent screaming about the player you just ejected, and you look up to see that the parent is your boss.

7. ... you hear that distinctive ripping sound, and you know you're not wearing Velcro-strap shoes.

6. ... the African-American team is wearing white uniforms, and the Caucasian team is wearing black uniforms.

5. ... at the free-throw lane you give the hint, "Check your feet" and they all look at the bottoms of their shoes!

4. ... the coach asks, "Shall we be shirts or skins?" and then you see that the players are girls!

3. ... in full hearing of the whole gym, the winning coach asks, "Where shall I send the check?"

2. ... the freshman boys on the first bleacher are making everything you say into double entendre. (Think about it: illegal use of hands, holding, etc)

And, #1. ...your partner shows up with a box of powdered sugar donuts to eat at half-time!

[Edited by rainmaker on Dec 26th, 2000 at 03:13 AM]
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 11:43am
Suppref

A couple more!!

Your partner shows up with 2 min to go before game time, you already recruited a JV official and he says" I'll throw it up."

Your partner starts his pregame with " If we're both watching our areas there should be no double whistles."
Old Wed Dec 27, 2000, 12:10pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink personal response to rainmaker

Julie - you forgot this one.

You know you're in trouble when you show up at The Hoop and you find out Keith did the scheduling!

BTW - there are games this weekend there (Dec 30 and 31). Cindy is out of town and Jim Arnold is staffing. Call him ASAP if you want games.
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

What in the #*$%?&% color is Cerise? I think I would smack my partner if they said that.

Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 11:29am
certified Hot Mom tester

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
What in the #*$%?&% color is Cerise? I think I would smack my partner if they said that.

Don't laugh. The way things are going, you may have a partner named Cerise!
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: personal response to rainmaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
You know you're in trouble when you show up at The Hoop and you find out Keith did the scheduling!
AMEN!!!

Quote:
BTW - there are games this weekend there (Dec 30 and 31). Cindy is out of town and Jim Arnold is staffing. Call him ASAP if you want games.
I didn't have to call, he got desperate enough to call me!! Maybe I'll see you there...

P.S. My granddaughter's name is QuiAndra (pronounced Key-ahn-drah) -- I sure wouldn't complain about Cerise!

[Edited by rainmaker on Dec 28th, 2000 at 04:03 PM]
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 08:27pm
Official Forum Member

Another "pet peeve":

"Let's make this go fast... I have another game to get too."

I can appreciate a need to keep the game flowing, but do NOT tell me you need to be out of here at @ **:** time to make it to another game....
Old Thu Dec 28, 2000, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Hey, I did that on a partner this year. Called a 5:30 game on one side of town, after the game I drove 3 miles across town to call a 7:00 game. Fortunuatly the 5:30 game was JV and the 7:00 was sophmore so I told my first partner that this game comes first. I made both games easily as the second game started about 7:15 because the previous game went long with fouls. Second game did too.
Old Fri Dec 29, 2000, 07:41am
In Memoriam

Thumbs down too tight for me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
Hey, I did that on a partner this year. Called a 5:30 game on one side of town, after the game I drove 3 miles across town to call a 7:00 game. Fortunuatly the 5:30 game was JV and the 7:00 was sophmore so I told my first partner that this game comes first. I made both games easily as the second game started about 7:15 because the previous game went long with fouls. Second game did too.
Tim,
I couldn't schedule games like that.
That would make me real uneasy.
mick
Old Fri Dec 29, 2000, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
It made me uneasy too. The problem was a game was moved from Tuesday night to Friday night at the last minute and we were left without enough officials to cover the games. I just played hero for one night. I don't make a practice of doing my schedule like that.