The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 08:32pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

I see the excellent work by the moderators and posters keeping this board free of nonsense, flames and baseball umpires has paid off. Management obviously feels that we no longer need to be supervised by four moderators and that just three will suffice.

Obviously a wise business decision. And a 25% savings in moderator costs.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 06:52am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by GarthB
I see the excellent work by the moderators and posters keeping this board free of nonsense, flames and baseball umpires has paid off. Management obviously feels that we no longer need to be supervised by four moderators and that just three will suffice.

Moderator costs?
Don't think so, Garth.
Not where I'm sitting.
mick
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 07:48am
Official Forum Member

Actually, moderator cost reductions are only measurable in terms of differences rather than percentages (due to the inability of most calculators or spreadsheets to deal with imaginary numbers).

These differences, when represented in binary, result in a value that has the exact same representation in octal, a rare feat achievable only by the most subtle of financial wizards. Smart guys, these official forum people.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Please forgive my ignorance (or get used to it) but who did we lose as a moderator? I didn't see a thread or anything discussing this.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 09:12am
Official Forum Member

Rich bagged it a couple of weeks ago - he either started a thread on it or mentioned it within a thread. Can't remember his reason.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 09:30am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally posted by mick
Quote:

Moderator costs?
Don't think so, Garth.
Not where I'm sitting.
mick
So, when the other guy quit we doubled mick's salary.

Lonesome Dove
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

as a result of the proliferation of trolls and fanboys, we have actually increased all moderators salaries by a factor of 100. They truly deserve it.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:18am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
Rich bagged it a couple of weeks ago - he either started a thread on it or mentioned it within a thread. Can't remember his reason.
I didn't bag it. While I had no intention of bringing this up publically, I will now. It will be erased soon, but that's OK.

Brad removed me as moderator in order to appease his (from the paid side of the site) egocentric editor-in-chief Carl Childress who doesn't like me on a personal basis. This was just minutes after Carl received an email from me he didn't like and minutes after noticing that I was actually a moderator over here. You'll only see Carl here looking for writers (who he can't keep) or plugging his BRD.

I was going to quit a few weeks ago, but those problems were worked out and I was only deleting posts from obvious fanboys and trolls. Which was everytime I logged in recently.

Not being a moderator is cool with me, though. Now I can post anything I want without thinking WWMD (what would a moderator do), although I think I'm about to switch over to a less recognizable moniker for a number of reasons.

--Rich
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:49am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawks Coach
as a result of the proliferation of trolls and fanboys, we have actually increased all moderators salaries by a factor of 100. They truly deserve it.
Rightly so, moderators are paid what they're worth.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
I didn't bag it. While I had no intention of bringing this up publically, I will now. It will be erased soon, but that's OK. . .
Just a guess, Rich, but there might have been a more diplomatic way of telling us what happened
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Talking Ohhh, I got zapped

Not nice guys, I got zapped because I expressed an opinion.
You didn't bother to read the whole post or you would have seen the value of the post.

tsk tsk

Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rich Fronheiser
Quote:
[

Brad removed me as moderator in order to appease his (from the paid side of the site) egocentric editor-in-chief Carl Childress who doesn't like me on a personal basis. This was just minutes after Carl received an email from me he didn't like and minutes after noticing that I was actually a moderator over here. You'll only see Carl here looking for writers (who he can't keep) or plugging his BRD.

--Rich
Carl? Nahhhhh. Not our Carl. Carl would never act vindictively and get rid of moderators who no longer curried his favor, would he Warren? Warren? Warren? Oh I forgot, Carl fired him. But that was from a different venue. I'm sure he wouldn't do that here, Rich. Rich? Rich???
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 11:15am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
I didn't bag it. While I had no intention of bringing this up publically, I will now. It will be erased soon, but that's OK. . .
Just a guess, Rich, but there might have been a more diplomatic way of telling us what happened

I've said all I'm going to say about this except this: Anyone want to experience all this joy first-hand, reply to the solicitation for writers posted in another thread.

Thankfully, it's baseball season and I'll be far too busy the next few months to worry about any of this.

--Rich
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 11:25am
In Memoriam

Quote:
[/B]

[/B][/QUOTE]Unbelievable, Rich. And also a shame.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 10:25pm
In Memoriam

Rich, don't let your frustrations get to you. You're an asset to the officials on this site. As ScottK also is on a less frequent basis. This site is just a great collection of knowledgeable officials, even though we may have different views and ideas on a lot of things sometimes. The fanboys and trolls can screw off. We need to keep the good ones. Hang in there!

I say that even though I see that your latest post just got zapped.

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Mar 30th, 2004 at 09:27 PM]