Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
(And FWIW if I'm game management I might take a little more direct approach with the coach, as in "What the **** are you doing??!". )
Well, I'm still working on the "inner male" thing. I doubt I'll ever get quite that.... well, male.
I knew that was coming!
Yea, the set-up was irresistible!!
Old Mon Mar 22, 2004, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rockyroad
The dry-erase pens do exactly what the name implies...it dries, and then it wipes off with a towel. Does exactly zero damage to the floor, the finish on the floor, etc...why in the world would you want to get involved in trying to handle something like that? Don't we have enough to worry about with what's going on on the court???
You have some kind of super vision? I couldn't see the type of marker from 28+ feet away. For those of you actually curious, as I said- there was an administrator. I would have liked nothing more than to pass this problem on to him and keep from stirring the pot. My job can be hard enough in a club ball tournament. However, as I said, the administrator was in the other gym. This occurred early in the first half. If this coach continued to draw the whole first half and damaged the floor because I chose to leave it up to someone else, then I'm partially to blame. If I want to continue to get good games on the weekend I need to use common sense and intervene when an administrator is not present.

And bathrooms are not what I'm talking about.
Old Mon Mar 22, 2004, 06:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ShadowStripes
Before the days of the white, dry-erase boards, many coaches used chalk to draw up plays on the paint outside of the out-of-bounds line. Let game admin. handle this stuff.

I've seen older courts, where the out of bounds line is about a foot thick. And inside of that foot thick line there is a court painted on just for the purpose of writing plays on the floor.
Old Mon Mar 22, 2004, 06:55pm
Ref Ump Welsch

This may sound crazy, but I would make sure the coach does wipe it off before any action. The dry erase stuff can become slippery if someone were to step on it. Sounds crazy, yes, but I've seen it happen when I was a coach. After that, our game administration always told opposing coaches to not write on the floor with either dry erase or chalk. If they asked why, our AD used the example we had.