The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

Question

i was just in a rec basketball tournament, and there was 45 seconds left in a game that we were watching. Team A was up by 2 when some1 on that team got a tech. foul called on him. He then got another called on him right after that for kicking the bench. I was wondering what the result of this is, weather it is 2 free throws and posseion or whatever. The ref of this game gave Team B 4 free throws and posseion which my coach and i thought was wrong. Team B made 3/4 free throws and won the game on this if any1 knows what should have been done or if its right let me know thanx.
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 12:08am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Question What rule set?

Quote:
Originally posted by slo3pointer
i was just in a rec basketball tournament, and there was 45 seconds left in a game that we were watching. Team A was up by 2 when some1 on that team got a tech. foul called on him. He then got another called on him right after that for kicking the bench. I was wondering what the result of this is, weather it is 2 free throws and posseion or whatever. The ref of this game gave Team B 4 free throws and posseion which my coach and i thought was wrong. Team B made 3/4 free throws and won the game on this if any1 knows what should have been done or if its right let me know thanx.
Assuming that Fed rules were being used, B will be awarded 2 free throws + possession for T #1. T #2 earns B two more shots + possession.

Sounds like it was done right.
Old Mon Mar 15, 2004, 12:18am
Official Forum Member

Smile thanks

ok thanx thats what i wanted to know i'll tell me coach so we know we were proved wrong
Old Thu Mar 18, 2004, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
Also, in this situation, the player who earned the two technicals is automatically ejected from the game. This has little significance since the game was almost over (time wise) but it could certainly be significant if overtime should occur.