The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 07:42am
Official Forum Member

This happen to me tonight in rec. game with 12 sec. to go Team A makes both free throws, now team B gets the ball and begin the inbound, before he relaesed the ball playere A1 crosssed the boundary line with no contact so I call a delay of game warning, now my question is does team B still have the baseline to run? After I stop play to warn team A of a delay of game warning, I told play B that he has the baseline if he want it. After the game a varsity official comes up to me and said that I should have not allow team B to run the baseline after a delay of game was called is that right?
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 07:56am
Official Forum Member

Two years ago this rule was changed for the exact play you described. Under NFHS rules the a team now retains the right to run the end line if the scoring team commits a violation or a foul either during the dead ball period after the score or during the throw-in.

If you are working under NFHS rules your varsity ref needs to brush up or shut up.
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 08:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Two years ago this rule was changed for the exact play you described. Under NFHS rules the a team now retains the right to run the end line if the scoring team commits a violation or a foul either during the dead ball period after the score or during the throw-in.

If you are working under NFHS rules your varsity ref needs to brush up or shut up.
Without regard to the rule change, B would still be allowed to run the baseline. This isn't a violation or a foul, it's a warning.
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 01:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref

Without regard to the rule change, B would still be allowed to run the baseline. This isn't a violation or a foul, it's a warning.
Actually, it is a violation. The penalty is a warning for the first time and a T for subsequent violations.