The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 08, 2004, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

One of my weirdest T's to date (and I've had my fair share of them). Halftime of a semifinal tournament game, fouls were 17-5 in the 1st half (all deserved) and, of course, the team with 17 fouls is trailing bigtime.

Guy comes up to me letting me know what the foul count was. Keeps on telling me . . . . At this point I've had enough . . . let him go . . . give the T.

After I reported the technical, guy from the other team goes up for a huge dunk, grabs the rim, hangs there, pulls himself up, hangs, drops - easy T (we normally just tell people to get off of the rim, but this was too obvious and over-the-top).

Of course, we shoot all 4 shots (to quite some confusion). Problem is, I made the shooter A6 stay in the game, saying that she couldn't be subbed out until the clock had started. Just to check - it's the other way around, right? Whoever went out can't come back in until the clock runs.

Also in this game a rare gem. B1 is shooting 1 shot, B5 comes flying into the lane well before the ball hits the rim - easy violation. The response: "But I saw Michael Jordan do it!"

Fox40 - 5 dollars
Converse Whistles - 45 dollars
Having people scream at you about rules that you don't use in that league - priceless.
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 01:13am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Of course, we shoot all 4 shots (to quite some confusion). Problem is, I made the shooter A6 stay in the game, saying that she couldn't be subbed out until the clock had started. Just to check - it's the other way around, right? Whoever went out can't come back in until the clock runs.
That is right. Unless the player leaving was injured and his team calls a time-out. Then he may come back in if he is ready by the time the time-out is over.
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
A6 didn't half to stay in the game. He could have been replaced by any player except the one he subbed in for. A player subbed in doesn't have to wait for the clock to be started to be subbed out. Only a subbed out player must wait
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
After I reported the technical, "guy" from the other team goes up for a huge dunk, grabs the rim, hangs there, pulls himself up, hangs, drops - easy T (we normally just tell people to get off of the rim, but this was too obvious and over-the-top).

I made the shooter A6 stay in the game, saying that "she" couldn't be subbed out until the clock had started. Just to check - it's the other way around, right? Whoever went out can't come back in until the clock runs.
[/B]
CO-ED, cool. I've never seen a co-ed game. I've played in them at the ymca, but not a league with Refs. I bet you had a lot of hand checks.
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BoomerSooner
A6 didn't half to stay in the game.
If he halfed, there would have been two A3s
Old Tue Mar 09, 2004, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson

CO-ED, cool. I've never seen a co-ed game. I've played in them at the ymca, but not a league with Refs. I bet you had a lot of hand checks.
Yeah - we have men's, women's, and a co-rec league. The odd thing is that I've only done two co-rec games this year (last night), but I've been assigned to work the co-rec final.
Old Wed Mar 10, 2004, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

Do you have the rule where there must be at least 2 women in the mix of 5? Did a league a couple of years ago with this rule. The rule also was that the male defenders could not rebound "in the paint". Try enforcing that rule!
Old Wed Mar 10, 2004, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

I bet there were a lot of foul play.
Old Wed Mar 10, 2004, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Do you have the rule where there must be at least 2 women in the mix of 5? Did a league a couple of years ago with this rule. The rule also was that the male defenders could not rebound "in the paint". Try enforcing that rule!
Pretty much - there can never be a male/female differential greater than one in any of our co-rec sports.

As to the in the paint - it used to be that males couldn't be in the paint at all. Thankfully, they removed all location restrictions before I started.
Old Wed Mar 10, 2004, 05:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BoomerSooner
Bob, thanks for pointing out that my sitch would lead to two A3's. My question is do we really have two A3's, which would give us too many players on the court???