The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

NCAA Mens rules...

A1 has ball in his FC. A1 pushed by B1. It's Team B's 7th foul of the half. A1 goes after B1, no big swinging punches or anything, but aggressive hand contact to the face. A1 is given a Flagrant T and is ejected.

Team B shoots their two FT's with no lineup.

A6 subs into the game. We have A6 shoot one FT with no lineup. He misses. We then give Team A the ball at the division line.

Did we do it right?
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 02:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by canuckrefguy
NCAA Mens rules...

A1 has ball in his FC. A1 pushed by B1. It's Team B's 7th foul of the half. A1 goes after B1, no big swinging punches or anything, but aggressive hand contact to the face. A1 is given a Flagrant T and is ejected.

Team B shoots their two FT's with no lineup.

A6 subs into the game. We have A6 shoot one FT with no lineup. He misses. We then give Team A the ball at the division line.

Did we do it right?
I'm not an NCAA expert, but I've gotta start learning it one of these days, so I'm gonna take a chance here.

I think it's partly wrong. The shots for the T were correct, with no one on the lane.

But I think A6 should have shot with players on the lane, to rebound the miss. It was a one-and-one, right? Shoot the T shots immediately after the T foul, and then return to the point of interruption. So line up and do the one-and-one, and the game goes on from there.

Don't take my word for it until someone else with more expert knowledge chimes in and agrees or disagrees.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 05:55am
Official Forum Member

NFHS rules

I believed you must adminster the free throws in the order of the fouls, so if A1 was foul by B1 than A1 gets a flagrant foul for the retaliation and get ejected.
Now since A1 is rejected A1 cannot shoot the 1 and 1 so the replacement for A1 must shoot the 1 and 1 with the lane cleared and than B1 shoots the 2 shot flagrant T-foul and team B gets the ball at the Divisional line
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 07:05am
Official Forum Member

With the flagrant technical, it's two shots plus the ball.

So A6 shoots 1 and 1 with no one on the line because it's followed by other FTs. Then Team B has two FTs for the technical and they get the ball at the division line.
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Jay is correct. You do not use point of interruption resumption procedures on a flagrant technical as the penalty is 2 free throws and a throw-in to the offended team at the division line. A6 shoots a 1&1 with a cleared lane and then a designated shooter for B gets 2 shots and B receives the ball at the division line. (Women's NCAA rules give the throw-in at a designated spot closest towhere the flagrant T occurred.)
Old Thu Mar 04, 2004, 10:33am
Official Forum Member

Thanks, all,

I had a sneaking suspicion that we got the FT's right, but the order wrong.