The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 02:33am
Official Forum Member

Good day everybody,

I am a new basketball official just starting in this field, I was a basketball player for 10 years and then an assitant head coach fo 1st division team in Jordan/Middle East.

Now I have joined a training held by our local federation and became a junior official.

Do u think I should continue? what do you advise me at this stage? how can I improve my self more? is there a close places to my country where I can participate in good training camps?

Regards.
Old Mon Feb 23, 2004, 03:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by eyad mohamad
Good day everybody,

I am a new basketball official just starting in this field, I was a basketball player for 10 years and then an assitant head coach fo 1st division team in Jordan/Middle East.
My condolences.

Quote:

Do u think I should continue?
That is a personal choice you have to make. How much do you love the sport and what are your goals. That is up to you if continuing makes sense.

Quote:
what do you advise me at this stage? how can I improve my self more? is there a close places to my country where I can participate in good training camps?
You need to talk to officials in your area. They can help you more than we can here about your ability or what it takes to become an official. And they of course would know of what camps you can attend and what type of training is availible to you. Most of us here are from North America and mostly from the United States. So we do not deal with International Basketball or officiating in other countries for the most part. This is a great resource, but it might be limited to those that live across the world and the issues that those face when it comes to officiating.

I wish you good luck and in your career. But you should start at home first and get those answers locally. And if you have questions after that, this is not a bad place to start. But I would not put all your eggs in one basket. Because not all of us are necessarily familiar with international basketball or officiating in that region of the world. There once was someone from the Middle East that officiated there and posted here, but I have not seen him for some time.

Hope I gave some help.

Peace