The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Had a great game to work this weekend. Saturday afternoon 4a boys varsity game. 16 fouls total, the whole game. Kids got up and down the floor shot some threes, didn't get rough in the post....We didn't get to the bonus in either half, 5 fouls total in the second half, wich only took 35 minutes.....only problem I had, the lanyard loop on my shirt came off....had to change between first and 2nd quarters....wish they were all like this one LOL
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 12:43pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Exclamation

I had a HS girls varsity rec game the other night in which a grand total of 7 fouls were called the entire game. In fact, I didn't even call a foul until 20 seconds left in the 3rd quarter. For a while, I thought I was going to go the entire game without having to call anything!

Usually, games at this level are "slap-a-paloozas". However, neither team was closely guarding anyone and there was almost no contact. The final score was 65-55, which is a lot for a rec game in my league. It was just all "up and down" the court the entire game.

I thought for sure that I was dreaming, so I had my partner pinch me. Gee - he didn't have to pinch me there!!!!
Old Mon Feb 16, 2004, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

Watched the game after mine a week ago Saturday (3-whistle, BV, private school) and one of the officials did not call a foul until early in the 4th quarter. We joked at half-time about whether he would go all game without making the call. Told him he had to buy the brown pop after the game if he did. I think he called a "phantom" foul so he wouldn't have to buy.