The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 03:31pm
Official Forum Member

jersey

I was working a game this season, the coach from the home team asked the R if the visiting team player could wear a dark jersey from the home team. Talk about confusion!! He did not want to lend them a jersey. He was looking to us for reforcement.The R talked to me about the RULE.No way!
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 04:32pm
Official Forum Member

When s/he goes to the hoop on a drive and a defender gets their hand stuck in her/his UNTUCKED shirt, I have nothing!

TUCK IT IN! NO IF'S, AND'S, OR BUTT'S! Plus, it looks TERRIBLE, unless designed to be worn outside the shorts.
Old Wed Feb 18, 2004, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Weighty

Quote:
Originally posted by thumpferee

In the state that I am in, the teachers are the highest paid in the nation. In order to keep their fiscal advantage, other programs for the kids have been cut from the budget. This year we had the Freshmen basketball program (girls and boys) cut. Needless to say, something as trivial as new uniforms, was long gone. Hand me downs has become a necessary evil. Despite what the rule book says about the way uniforms are suppose to be worn, excepting varsity assignments, you will have to excuse me while I look the other way. I have heard many things from the bleachers during the years I have officiated,
but I have never heard, "Hey ref, make them tuck in their shirts."