The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 10:33am
Esteemed Participant

Women's Community College (JC) game last night...19-3 team vs. 0-20 team...final score: 105-36. There was no pressing, and very few fast breaks - only on steals above the free throw line (as ordered by the coach)...
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

We trust there were no time outs
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 05:17pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

So, the question we all want to know the answer to;

Did you call three seconds?
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 05:33pm
Official Forum Member

Guys, guys, it's obvious that rockyroad did not get that far by using something as crazy as advantage/disadvantage. That common sense, game management approach will only get you so far...strict rule abidance is the ticket to the big dance, of course. I'm confident there was absolutely no leniency towards the 0-20something team that was getting waxed. Everybody in their right mind loves to see a group of young athletes drudgeoned into humiliation...kick em when they're down I say...
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
Guys, guys, it's obvious that rockyroad did not get that far by using something as crazy as advantage/disadvantage. That common sense, game management approach will only get you so far...strict rule abidance is the ticket to the big dance, of course. I'm confident there was absolutely no leniency towards the 0-20something team that was getting waxed. Everybody in their right mind loves to see a group of young athletes drudgeoned into humiliation...kick em when they're down I say...
Hey, Devin, come on , don't hold back. We want to know how you really feel!
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 08:44pm
Official Forum Member

Nice

Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
Wonderful how when one official attempts to open the door of dialogue to what is obviously a debated topic, there's always some hotshot out there ready to slam it closed with sarcasm.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 10:46pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Guys, I got a score that tops that. JUCO where I work at, women's game the other night. 11-10 team (school I work for) against a 2-19 team. Score was 135-41. My school broke all kinds of team and single records. It was unreal. To top it off, the head coach didn't even coach. Had strep throat and was afraid he was contagious, so let the assistant take over the team for the night.
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 08:53am
Official Forum Member

ASSistant coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Ump Welsch
Guys, I got a score that tops that. JUCO where I work at, women's game the other night. 11-10 team (school I work for) against a 2-19 team. Score was 135-41. My school broke all kinds of team and single records. It was unreal. To top it off, the head coach didn't even coach. Had strep throat and was afraid he was contagious, so let the assistant take over the team for the night.
Maybe it's not a surprise the head coach wasn't there. How would they have coached it?
Old Sun Feb 15, 2004, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Had Girls Frosh B game, end of 1st period 24-0, home leading, and continuing to press when it was "very" obvious that V couldn't handle any kind of pressure and dribble, catch, or pass the rock. Fans were yelling to call off pressure. Partner and I talked between 1st and 2nd qtr, said if H comes out with pressure on V maybe we should get really tight and call all the touches until coach gets the message enough pummeling. Begin second quarter, H shows press, partner whistles quick hand check, on H1, then coach backs out of pressure and we go on to finish game. 56-3 final. V coach did agree to running clock for the 4th quarter in order to shorten the agony.

Leading scorer for V had 1 basket.