The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

I am a college basketbal player who has refereed summer basketball for the past two summers. Currently, I am taking a class to become certified in March. On my pretest, I am struggling with the following T/F questions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated (don't worry it's not cheating because this is for learning purposes only - not for any grade or anything)

All are true or false:

1) Officials should assemble at the table in order to speak to coaches before the teams leave the court.

2) The second technical foul charged to any bench personnel other than the head coach is considered flagrant.

3) The second technical foul charged to the assistant coach is considered to be flagrant and results in disqualification and ejection. (not sure about the flagrant part)

Thanks.
Old Thu Feb 12, 2004, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

False, False, and False

1. I am assuming this is at half. Officials should meet at halfcourt away from coaches and teams.

2. I have not heard of a second T being flagrant. Would like someone else to confirm.

3. Same as #2
Old Fri Feb 13, 2004, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to N_Stripes
Thumbs up

1) False. Regardless of if it's half time or end of the game. However, the officials or coach(es) may request a conference for discussion which should or would occur in front of the scorers table.

2) False. NCAA: Flagrant is excessive or extreme, usually personal and referring to contact. NFHS: May be of a non-personal, non-contact and non-intentional nature. The 2nd T however, does result in ejection in both leagues.

3) Flase. The T is not flagrant but does result in DQ.

[Edited by N_Stripes on Feb 13th, 2004 at 09:04 AM]