The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Had a parnter tell me that the NCAAM mechanic is for the new Trail official to chop the clock during the last minute of the second half after a made basket (since the clock stops). However, I've never done that, and in watching TV, I don't notice anybody else doing it either.

I didn't get a manual this year. Anybody want to set me straight? (But only on this particular issue, ok Dan?)
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Had a parnter tell me that the NCAAM mechanic is for the new Trail official to chop the clock during the last minute of the second half after a made basket (since the clock stops). However, I've never done that, and in watching TV, I don't notice anybody else doing it either.

I didn't get a manual this year. Anybody want to set me straight? (But only on this particular issue, ok Dan?)
I've given up trying Chuck.

I don't chop either, although I do peek at the clock when the ball goes in & on the throw-in to make sure the table's dong their job. (I know I know, who's watching B2 elbow A3 in the mouth while I'm looking out of my area...)
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
(I know I know, who's watching B2 elbow A3 in the mouth while I'm looking out of my area...)
Duh!

Fans, coaches, and A2!
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by Danvrapp
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
(I know I know, who's watching B2 elbow A3 in the mouth while I'm looking out of my area...)
Duh!

Fans, coaches, and A2!
Well...them...who cares about them?
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

speaking of do or don't....anyone see the Duke-Clemson game yesterday?? 8:17 left in the first half....they stopped to fix the net LOL.....
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to BOBBYMO Send a message via Yahoo to BOBBYMO
Chuck- In NCAA-W It is a MUST for the new trail to chop in the time durring the last minute of play following a made basket. Not sure why this would be any diff then in men's but who knows????
I would love to hear the answer also and an explination as to why you wouldn't chop in time if indeed it is diff. in NCAA-M's games.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2004, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, the new trail is supposed to chop. However, I think the NCAA is a little more lenient when the officials are using the precision timing system. I know it would be more important to me for the official to use a hand to hit the button on his timer than it would be to have one in the air to chop the clock, especially when he should also be showing a visual count!