The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Last night I had a f.s boys game at a brand new H.S. with about 20 fans.The head coach has coached before because I've seen him in town.My partner is 2nd year so I'm trying to help him as much as possible.There is of course one loud rude fan with a running commentary on every call.My partner has a straight fouled while shooting call against home.The kid doesn't like it and while my partner is reporting the kid yells that should be our ball right in my face so I give him a "T".I report it and my partner looks confused so I tell him two shots for the shooting foul and two for the T and div. line throw in.After three shots the home coaches are yelling the fans are yelling and the table is waving.I walk over and the coach says how many are they shooting and I say two for the shooting foul and two for the T.Both the head and asst. coach say you only get one shot for a T!I say its two this is not the n.b.a. and we move on.As a walk back Mr.Rude fan is hollaring they get to shoot as many as they want huh ref.I almost never talk to fans but I turned and said they shoot two for a technical and he says was it on me?I couldn't help smile then.After that not a word from fan.
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 11:59am
Official Forum Member

He got all that for the price of admission to a HS baskertball game.

Tell him your chapter would LOVE him to start his refereeing career next season
Old Sat Jan 24, 2004, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ref Daddy

Tell him your chapter would LOVE him to start his refereeing career next season
...in another state!