The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Just wanted to know if anyone works in Cleveland and can give me a summary of how the association works in the area. I am moving from UTah where I was getting close (at least I like to hope so) to doing varsity games. I am 27 and have two years experience in the UTah association and four more years of ref experience. I am taking a new job in Cleveland at the beginning of September and hoping someone out there can give me names I should contact, how things work, what times the games are and how you get your games, everything a new official in the area would have questions about. Thanks
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

I would suggest you check out http://www.ohsaa.org (Ohio State HS Athletic Asso.) and click on OFFICIALS. Click FAQ and it explains the steps necessary to transfer from another state. Looks like they have a formal process required.

If you are a member of IAABO you may want to contact the board there (or if you want to join it):

LAKE ERIE DISTRICT BOARD (55)
TERRITORY -- CUYAHOGA, ASTABULA, GEAUGA, LORAIN, STARK AND MEDINA COUNTIES
PRESIDENT -- CARL JORDAN
INTERPRETER -- TOM TOOHIG
SECRETARY-TREASURER -- CHUCK GRIMM, PO BOX 360711, STRONGVILLE, OH 44136
EMAIL: [email protected]

Either of these options should point you in the right direction. Good luck.

Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 01:19pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by missedthatone
Just wanted to know if anyone works in Cleveland and can give me a summary of how the association works in the area. I am moving from UTah where I was getting close (at least I like to hope so) to doing varsity games. I am 27 and have two years experience in the UTah association and four more years of ref experience. I am taking a new job in Cleveland at the beginning of September and hoping someone out there can give me names I should contact, how things work, what times the games are and how you get your games, everything a new official in the area would have questions about. Thanks

I just sent you an email through your profile detailing who to contact in Cleveland and the OhioHSAA. I hope it helps you.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Just curious, but did you make someone mad and they transferred you to Cleveland? Hope you like cold and wind. Actually, there are a couple of nice places in Cleveland -- the Mud Flats has some pretty good resturants. They are much more enjoyable in July than February.
Old Tue Jan 20, 2004, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref
Just curious, but did you make someone mad and they transferred you to Cleveland? Hope you like cold and wind. Actually, there are a couple of nice places in Cleveland -- the Mud Flats has some pretty good resturants. They are much more enjoyable in July than February.
Hey, I'm originally from Pittsburgh, but I'll still have to stick up for Cleveland. It's a great place to live, except for the rain, wind, clouds, and general lack of sunshine!

Missedthatone - e-mail me off-line if you want specifics. I can get you e-mail for assignors for rec and HS leagues.