The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

A technical is called on A1 after the second quarter has ended. Do we shoot those then, or start the third with the technical shots?

If we shoot them immidiately, and B would have the arrow to start the third, then what?

I should know this, but I am having a brain lock.
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Check out this recent thread: http://www.officialforum.com/thread/11715
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 01:18pm
Official Forum Member

So, after reading that I assume that the technical would be administered AFTER the halftime break since the T came AFTER teh second quarter ended?

So, in my case, I start the third with two shots for the offended team,, give team the ball and the offending team gets the next held ball????
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Illini_Ref
So, after reading that I assume that the technical would be administered AFTER the halftime break since the T came AFTER teh second quarter ended?

So, in my case, I start the third with two shots for the offended team,, give team the ball and the offending team gets the next held ball????
The first two parts are correct -- who gets the next held ball will depend on which way the arrow is pointing.

Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Mr. Jenkins, your responses always seem to make alot of sense to me. Is that a good thing???

So let me get this straight. Team A has the arrow to start the third period. Team B commits a Technical fould after the second quarter ends. The third starts with two shots for A and a throw-in for A. Does A retain the arrow or does it get switched after the throw-in by A?

I promise this is the last question onthis from me.
Old Thu Jan 15, 2004, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Illini_Ref
Thanks Mr. Jenkins, your responses always seem to make alot of sense to me. Is that a good thing???

So let me get this straight. Team A has the arrow to start the third period. Team B commits a Technical fould after the second quarter ends. The third starts with two shots for A and a throw-in for A. Does A retain the arrow or does it get switched after the throw-in by A?

I promise this is the last question onthis from me.
Is the throw-in part of the T or an AP throw-in?

Answer that and you'll know the answer to your question because the arrow is switched only after an AP throw-in (including a violation during the AP throw-in).