The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Hello all, new to this forum. Has anyone or is anyone using "leather luster" on their shoes? Does it work, and any tips on appying it? Thanks for any help and I look forward to reading some great threads.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

First time I used it was 1.5 seasons ago. It still shines pretty well, but it's begun to flake off in spots where my shoes 'flex.' (near the toes). However, the rest of my shoes look brand new.

Make sure you scrub your shoes extremely well to pull out all the dye before you apply the Leather Luster. If I do another pair, I'll probably pay the company to put it on themselves.

Not quite patent leather, but definitely the next best thing.
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

It Works

Put it on my shoes beginning of last season and they still look like the day I put it on. An occasional touch up where my heels somtimes rub together, but other then that no flaking or anything. Have had several officials in my association order it once they saw my shoes. Like previously mentioned, you need to clean off the old polish completely before applying. If you are going to order it you would be wise to order an extra can of the cleaning solvent. It took almost two cans to remove all of the old polish from my shoes originally. Good luck!
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 03:09pm
Official Forum Member

Holy Cow....Another official from Wyoming....watch out now, we surely have the most people per capita participation on this board of any other state in the USA.....wooo hoooooo, oh BTW I never used leather luster, so I can't help ya there Wyoref...but welcome to the board..
Old Thu Jan 08, 2004, 04:20pm
Official Forum Member

I third the motion above about LeatherLuster

This stuff is great and wears like iron. My current pair of shoes got LeatherLuster'd two years ago, and 300 total games later, they still look great. I take a damp rag to them every month or so to clean off the dust, but other than that, they're maintenence free. A can of shine and a can of leather stripper run $12-13 dollars for both through mail order. http://www.leatherluster.com