The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jan 06, 2004, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Anybody catch the throw-in violation by Pepperdine last night? After a bucket, one player steps oob while a teammate picks up the ball. It took him a second or two to get the ball. In the mean time, the thrower-to-be steps back onto the court with one foot. Then the teammate tosses him the ball and he catches it with one foot in and one foot oob. Immediate whistle.

I have to admit, I don't understand this call. I would have thought that as long as the thrower then stepped oob before throwing it in, everything was kosher. I don't really see how this is different than if the thrower-to-be picks up the ball himself and then steps oob with it (in which case he/she will inevitably be straddling the line at some point in the process of stepping oob).
Old Tue Jan 06, 2004, 04:55pm
Official Forum Member

I thought that was strange myself. I didn't have the sound up when they showed the replays so I didn't hear what was said. I didn't see anything wrong with what the inbounder did.
here in about 3 seconds!"
-Tim Higgins