The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 05:49pm
Official Forum Member

Why is the the thead "What would you do" taken off the forum?

I've been reading many of the comments on that thread and many of them were very informative on differents aspects of the rule book.

I'm not the one who writes very much but I read most of the texts posted here and it's important to be able to come back at some point and analyse the arguments of each person which are based on articles of the rule book.

The personnal comments are certainly not welcome, and you should take out only those comments, not the entire thread.

Is there a way to get it back?
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
I was just lookin around for that one because I was wondering what the correct ruling was.... I need a rule book for the rule book becaue I dont always know how to read the darned thing.
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 07:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb The original poster might have.

Maybe the person that started the post deleted the entire thing? You do have that option to do so when you start a post. It might not have been the moderators at all.

Peace
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 07:34pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by gazou

Why is the the thead "What would you do" taken off the forum?

I've been reading many of the comments on that thread and many of them were very informative on differents aspects of the rule book.

I'm not the one who writes very much but I read most of the texts posted here and it's important to be able to come back at some point and analyse the arguments of each person which are based on articles of the rule book.

The personnal comments are certainly not welcome, and you should take out only those comments, not the entire thread.

Is there a way to get it back?
No way to get it back, unless someone saved it for posterity. I do know that I have no intention of going through a thread and removing dozens of personal remarks -- now or in the future.

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Jan 1st, 2004 at 03:21 PM]
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 09:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
[i]
But in the original play there were essentially 2 options being floated around -- bring the ball back to the backcourt baseline and return the 2.4 seconds to the clock or make something else up.

Rich Fronheiser
[/B]
Way to go Rich, (or make something else up) are you trying to start trouble?

Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 10:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Tyson
Quote:
[i]
But in the original play there were essentially 2 options being floated around -- bring the ball back to the backcourt baseline and return the 2.4 seconds to the clock or make something else up.

Rich Fronheiser
Way to go Rich, (or make something else up) are you trying to start trouble?

[/B]
LOL, is that the only part of his post that you find that will start trouble? How about his signature lol. I found it amusing, who cares its over now.
Old Wed Dec 31, 2003, 11:55pm
Official Forum Member

[/B][/QUOTE]
LOL, is that the only part of his post that you find that will start trouble? How about his signature lol. I found it amusing, who cares its over now. [/B][/QUOTE]

AAahhhhh, I thin, I thin, I thin I see your point. lol
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

When you say that you have "no intention of going through a thread and removing dozens of personal remarks -- now or in the future" is like punishing a whole classroome for one black sheep making trouble.

I taught it was the role of a moderator to differenciate between what is acceptable to be written in this forum and what is not.

Too bad. There were certainly things to be learned in that thread.

Anyway, I submitted the case to a FIBA interpreter on the site of fiba.com. If I ever get an answer and if some of you want to have a copy of that answer, leave me your email and I'll send it to you.

My email: [email protected]
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Geez, Rich, let it die.

Wasn't 8 pages of direct personal attacks enough?

Now you're the one being a jacka**

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Jan 1st, 2004 at 03:20 PM]
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 04:20pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I agree. I'm heading out, but I'll fix this thread first.

I've decided I'd rather go back to being a regular poster. I don't find it a lot of fun to come here and worry about what everyone else posts and then have to temper my comments because of some "position." Bob, Mick, and MTD make three moderators, and that's enough.

Not that it excuses me for getting personal or anything, but I certainly didn't see this same level of criticism against those who were bashing MTD in the thread I deleted. Where was all the criticism towards those people?

Rich
Back to being JSPS.

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Jan 1st, 2004 at 03:29 PM]
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 09:18pm
Huck Finn

Thumbs down

Rich, you deleted the thread?
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 10:09pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Yes, I'm the culprit.

The thread was mostly personal insults from page 4 on. The meat of the thread was in another thread that MTD started that I thought was closed, but had already been deleted by another poster (I'm guessing MTD). Rather than clean up the closed thread, I thought I could revive the other one with a good history of the actual issues and make sure it was visible, but closed.

I'm sorry for exhibiting bad judgment.

Anyone want to talk about the NFL playoffs?

Rich

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Jan 1st, 2004 at 09:50 PM]
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 10:24pm
Official Forum Member

New England's gonna take it all.
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 10:32pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I'm more concerned about the NFC right now, since I'm an Eagles fan.

I'll be rooting for Dallas this weekend, since I'd rather see the Cowboys again than GB, who I think will dispatch Seattle and Holmgren rather easily.

Either way, both conferences are essentially toss ups.

Rich

PS - ObBasketball: I'm back on the court tomorrow after a 2 week absence from HS basketball (unless you want to count 6 8th grade games the past two Saturdays).

Also, NASO sent a press release announcing the new Officials Assault legislation in Illinois -- does any other official think that such a law is really necessary? I think it is saying that standard assault/battery laws don't really apply at a sporting event or that they aren't enforced with respect to officials.
Old Thu Jan 01, 2004, 10:37pm
Official Forum Member

I feel that these laws are very necessary. There have been times where i have been threatened by angry parents because i "f**ked their kids team over" People need to realize that without us, their kids wouldn't be playing ball, and that we will fight back legally if necessary.