The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 20, 2003, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Ok weird one tonite, glad it didn't decide the outcome of the game. A is bringing the ball down court I am the trail 3 whistle. B1 is out of position and getting beat, b2 gives him a mighty shove in the back to get him in position to help guard A1. I have a whistle, arm up, look at B2 and say to no one in particular, you can't push someone like that..... On the way to the table I realize that I don't have a common foul, I don't have an intentional foul, I SHOULD HAVE GONE INADVERTANT WHISTLE, I didn't I went "T". My reasoning was that this is similar to a player jumping on a teammates back to get an advantage thus unsportsmanlike. At this point in time I can't tell you if B1 ran into A1 or not, if he did I feel much better if he didn't I wish I had gone IW....B's coach didn't really care for the call needless to say...Anyway, otherwise the game went well other than I have had 8 Block/charge calls in 3 games....so rookies Don't Do This, Vets please forgive me...
Old Sat Dec 20, 2003, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Long time ago working a rec game skins, reds & blue vs green and gold. Dribbler runs down another player, I have a whistle with my hand behind my head, dribbler says "whats that?! he's on my team ref!".

Oh. Never mind.

Old Sat Dec 20, 2003, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member

I worked my third varsity doubleheader in 48 hours, this afternoon.

I can assure you that I was NOT at my best.

I think I'll go soak in a hot tub until Christmas.
Old Sun Dec 21, 2003, 04:16am
Official Forum Member

Ok better part of story, some other officials got into town after me. When they got to town, they wanted to go have a brown pop or two...played liars poker, I feel much better now......