The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 01:16pm
9 times

You might want to try this website: http://www.hsmaps.com/

Not 100% accurate, but very helpful for all 50 states.

1999 (2x), 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2019
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by stripes
You might want to try this website: http://www.hsmaps.com/

Not 100% accurate, but very helpful for all 50 states.
I don't need all 50 states! 100% accurate in the 50 mile radius around Portland is more important to me. I haven't seen ANY online maps that work for me. I'm sticking to Thomas.
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

Every association should have a Web site that includes detailed directions to each gym. I have seen a few that do -- including one that also lists gas stations and quick places to eat near or en route to gyms. I am trying to talk my association into such a Web site.
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 02:51pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb

Get Microsoft Streets and Trips. I have had this program for about 3 years now. I never go anywhere without putting in the places I have to go while officiating. You can also dictate alot which way to go and when you leave. It will figure in construction projects and even have most schools listed (at least in the city like areas). You can put in any address and it will give you a map of the area and all the surrounding landmarks (resturants, gas stations, museums). It is a tool I do not officiate or go anywhere without. You can do so much customization (unlike mapquest or Yahoo) it is well worth the money. I have owned the same program for 3 years most of the time (without schools moving) I have not had many problems finding exactly where I had to go. And if you do not like this program, I am sure one of the others has similar or even better features.

Peace
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BayStateRef
Every association should have a Web site that includes detailed directions to each gym. I have seen a few that do -- including one that also lists gas stations and quick places to eat near or en route to gyms. I am trying to talk my association into such a Web site.

You should check out my service:

http://www.RefTown.com

It may be just what you're looking for.

You can see the insides with the following two accounts:

Association: Sample
Username: Admin
Password: sports

or

Association: Sample
Username: Official
Password: sports

We currenly have 9 associations using our service with several others in the works. Currently, it is actively used by basketball and wrestling associations. Other sports that are in teh offseason that have signed up or are pending are baseball, volleyball, water polo, and possibly soccer.

There are several features still in development. For anything you don't see, we're open to suggestions.

Camron
Old Wed Dec 24, 2003, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
Get Microsoft Streets and Trips. I have had this program for about 3 years now. I never go anywhere without putting in the places I have to go while officiating.
It may be the best, Jeff, but I can't take it in my car. Thomas Guide is just there all the time, and doesn't need to be printed ahead of time or thought about. If I'd have had it that night that this thread started, I'd have had time for a good pre-game and a hamburger!