The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 15, 2003, 09:03am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Salut Everyone,

So I'm back reffin' basketball again after 7 crazy months doing football.

I need a new pair of shoes and you'll never guess what happened! Like when you find that $20 bill in your pants pocket that you forgot about and treat it like found money, I found a brand new pair of Converse Cons black basketball ref shoes at my parents home.

I think I know where they came from (where and when I bought them), but regardless, I am pretty happy right now. Merry Christmas to me. LOL

Anyways, I was just wondering if there's anything new in getting them all shiny. Previous footwear I would coat them with Kiwi black shoe polish. It worked ok, when I did them on a weekly basis, but I would like to know what the latest is.

Anyone have strong opinions?

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Wed Feb 18, 2009 at 07:08am.
Old Mon Dec 15, 2003, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Juggl'n Ref,

I still use leather luster on my shoes. One shine a year and I am good to go. You can purchase a kit online http://www.LEATHERLUSTER.com. I also found a deal at a flea market that I use once a week to clean the dirt off of the shoes. It is called Quick 'n Easy. It is a instant shine sponge. It cost a couple of bucks and works well on all of my shoes. I use it on my golf shoes and work shoes. It has lemon juice and mink oil in it. The package says it is the Premier company out of Brooklyn, NY 11222. Other than the patent leather shoes this is what works best for me.