The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 02:27am
Official Forum Member

Forgive me for being a little philosophical....last Thursday here in Maple Valey Wa. we had a major windstorm. That morning an 80 foot tree fell taking out the front and side of a neighbors house and crushing their two cars. While everyone went down to check on them another huge tree fell on our next door neighbors house. As a group we headed back as my neighbors wife ran out screaming with her little girl in her arms. My wife came out and took them to our house as another tree fell into the back of another neighbors house just across the street from us. My self, my boys and neighbors ended up working on roofs and homes trying to protect them from the rain. We ended up with two families in our home and extensive damage to many homes in our area. There were injuries from falling trees but not on our block. We were without power for three days. All of this in the middle of finals and the first week of basketball. Funny how all of sudden ones focus can turn to being grateful that your family is safe, caring for friends and trying to take care of basic neccesities and everything else becomes secondary. May you all have a safe holiday season.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Keeping a good thought for you and the neighbors, Ron. You did good, man.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

To be a good ref is great. To be a good man is even better. Good job! I hope you don't have to see anything like that again.