The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 11, 2003, 11:41pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

On Tuesday afternoon I was called and was informed I was moved up to a varsity official for a single "A" Varsity Girls game with last years "STATE CHAMPS" on Friday night! Was in heaven!
Had meeting last night and went over situations and talked about game management. Situation: Team A leading by 50 pts., full court press all night long! Steal, and A1 has a breakaway layup, try for goal is finished and B1 runs right into her. 10th team foul, and I raise my arm and in a split second decided that enough was enough and didn't want to make a mockery out of this game and counted the basket and reported and said "Basket was good, one shot."
In a tight game I would have counted it and also given her the bonus free throw because it was definately after the try was successful.
And also I took my NFHS test tonight and got 100%.

ON CLOUD NINE!
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally posted by monkeyking
On Tuesday afternoon I was called and was informed I was moved up to a varsity official for a single "A" Varsity Girls game with last years "STATE CHAMPS" on Friday night! Was in heaven!
Had meeting last night and went over situations and talked about game management. Situation: Team A leading by 50 pts., full court press all night long! Steal, and A1 has a breakaway layup, try for goal is finished and B1 runs right into her. 10th team foul, and I raise my arm and in a split second decided that enough was enough and didn't want to make a mockery out of this game and counted the basket and reported and said "Basket was good, one shot."
In a tight game I would have counted it and also given her the bonus free throw because it was definately after the try was successful.
And also I took my NFHS test tonight and got 100%.

ON CLOUD NINE!
After the try was succesful? You mean like during a dead ball?
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 06:35am
Huck Finn

Are you saying the try had ended? The basket had been scored and the player returned to the floor? Where was the ball when the contact occured and was there any way to ignore it?
Old Fri Dec 12, 2003, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Probably incidental contact (thus ignorable), unless it was intentional.