The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Question

As many times as I have answered questions about this sceario on a test, I think I may have blown this one when it finally happened to me. Middle of 3rd quarter during a dead ball, setting up for a free throw by team A. Buzzer sounds and official scorer waves me over to the scorer's table. Evidently the girl I called the foul on had a different number in the book than what she was wearing. I call a T and assess it indirectly to the coach. My partner concurred. So I look it up this morning because I want to be sure I did the right thing by assessing the T to the coach, but when I look at the rule book it doesn't really clarify whether the coach is assessed the indirect T in this situation. But in the case book, it says a team T is not assessed to the coach but does count toward team fouls. Crap. So just to be sure in my own mind, is it actually true that a book error discovered in the middle of the game does not get assessed to the head coach?
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 12:37pm
Official Forum Member

I thought the same thing Smitty(after reading this thread)..Then I looked it up as well Maybe I need to study even more.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
So just to be sure in my own mind, is it actually true that a book error discovered in the middle of the game does not get assessed to the head coach?
An administrative T is never charged to the coach, no matter when it's discovered.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Smitty --

In last year's rule book on page 72 there is a summary of penalties for technical fouls. I'm not sure what page it's on in this year's book, but it's near the back. It's in a table format so it's easy to find. This has been very helpful to me.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Smitty --

In last year's rule book on page 72 there is a summary of penalties for technical fouls. I'm not sure what page it's on in this year's book, but it's near the back. It's in a table format so it's easy to find. This has been very helpful to me.
Good call, rainmaker. It's on pg. 76. It couldn't possibly be more clearly stated in that table. Thanks.

By the way, looks like we have a game together on 1/21. I look forward to working with you.