Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

I'll be taking it in about 9 hours?
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
I'll be taking it in about 9 hours?
Hey, Where did that question mark come from?
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 10:28am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Barry, instead of pointing it out to everyone, you could've just gone back and edited your post.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Barry, instead of pointing it out to everyone, you could've just gone back and edited your post.
You're right, Chuck. I forgot about the edit capability. I've never made a mistake before...err...I mean I've never used it before.

I'm not worried about having pointed it out myself since I know we have too many observant officials here to have let me get away with that.

I've got an excuse, though. The heat in my office is not working that well and I'm freezing. My fingers are numb.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

I'll be taking it in about an hour. First time ever. Curious to see how I do.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Okay guys, what did you think of question 93? We were completely divided on it. Personally, I think it's poorly worded and will probably be thrown out.
Old Mon Dec 08, 2003, 09:40pm
Official Forum Member

My interpretation, was that 1st. you should ask them to put their shirt tail in, not send them out of game, unless they have been a problem.
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 03:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry C. Morris
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
You're right, Chuck. I forgot about the edit capability. I've never made a mistake before...err...I mean I've never used it before.

I'm not worried about having pointed it out myself since I know we have too many observant officials here to have let me get away with that.

I've got an excuse, though. The heat in my office is not working that well and I'm freezing. My fingers are numb.
Freezing in San Diego????? Try the DC area -- it was 25 yesterday morning. I'm sure Chuck and the UP guys/gals were even colder.
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

I believe the answer is false. Look at the 3-4-15, which says, "A plery not conforming to [the tucked-in policy] shall be directed to leave the game." Then read 3-3-4, which states, "A player who has been ... directed to leave the game shall not re-enter before the next opportunity to substitute after the clock has been started properly following his replacement." I think the key for this question is the time-out. You can't buy the kid's way back into the game with a time-out the same way you can if the player is bleeding, which is set out in 3-3-6.
Old Tue Dec 09, 2003, 10:39pm
Official Forum Member

Yes, but the question doies not say that you have already directed him to leave. Had they worded it that way, the answer would have been easy. No, they have to complicate things by saying, you (paraphrasing)"...shall send direct him to leave out unless there is a subsequent time-out."

It's poorly written at best.
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I take part 2 tomorrow, so thanks for the warning. Anything else I should be aware of?!
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 01:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
I take part 2 tomorrow, so thanks for the warning. Anything else I should be aware of?!
Well, it's a warning but a day later, I still don't know what the correct answer is!

Study last year's exams.
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 09:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dblref

Freezing in San Diego????? Try the DC area -- it was 25 yesterday morning. I'm sure Chuck and the UP guys/gals were even colder.
[/B]
San Diego??? Perhaps you have me confused with another of the plethora of Barrys invading this board. I'm from the great state of Kentucky and we were just a degree or two above the D.C. area. Don't worry about Chuck and those other UPers. They are born with antifreeze in their veins.

BTW, Michigan will be Kentucky North this weekend when the Wildcats meet the Spartans up there and break the record for the highest attendance at a college basketball game.
Old Wed Dec 10, 2003, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Well, it's a warning but a day later, I still don't know what the correct answer is!
Then I won't spend a lot of test time stewing about it.