The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 09:39am
Official Forum Member

I know that there was a thread on this before, but without search I am not searching manually.....where can I order the converse patent leather shoes...I ordered a pair from officials choice, they are too small and they don't have my size in stock...any suggestions?? thanks
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 09:41am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ron Pilo Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Pilo
Officials Choice are the only authorized sellers of the Converse Patent Leather. Sorry. You're gonna have to wait until they have yours in stock.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Ron,
Thanks, I was afraid of that.....
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

I was told (by an Official's Choice vendor) that Converse has gone out of business (or will soon). I wouldn't expect these shoes to be manufactured for long, if he was correct. All this guy was selling was New Balance shoes.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 12:35pm
Official Forum Member

Sorry if I misspoke. Nike has bought out Converse from it's bankruptcy, or something like that. I think the vendor was telling me that the Converse Basketball Officials shoes will no longer be made, or at least no longer be available through Officials Choice. A look at all the major officials suppliers shows no Converse choices, or, CLOSEOUTS on their Converse products (limited sizes left over). One site did have a Converse Press (listed as a basketball shoe) in all sizes.

Converse seems to be touting it's retro Chuck Taylors to nostalgic baby boomers, and now their teenagers (my daughter has a pair in lovely, shiney, purple). Anyway, I don't know if there is a future for the Converse Officials shoes.

Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 01:29pm
Huck Finn

Talking

Smitty, do you live in Oregon? I would love to work at Nike, just for the benefits alone. Honestly, how much do you wear the swoosh? Also, can you tell someone that they should develope a shoe for officials? I will do the dirty work and come out to test them!
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:00pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Patent Leather

Just spoke to Officials Choice Inc (12/04) no more patent leather shoes from Converse.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Good thing i bought a pair when they were $54 each over the summer. Now i gotta find another good shoe that's shiney for when they wear out.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

Just a question about the Nike shoe Honigs has. Is that just a black basketball shoe, or is it a shoe specifically made for referees?
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:32pm
Official Forum Member

That's a really good question. The name of the shoe is "Down Low", which initially implied to me that it was just a basketball shoe that happens to be all black and therefore an ideal ref shoe. But the description on the Honig's site for the shoe implies it is specifically a ref shoe. It looks awfully bulky to be marketed as a basketball shoe, especially noting the latest styles coming out. There's nothing internally here that I can look at to check it out from this end. My guess is that it's intended to be a ref shoe.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

It is a BB shoe. It does still need to be shined up a little though. A friend of mine has a pair. I got the Nike hyper flight all black patent leather. They do not make them any more but I have gotten 2 pair off of E-bay.
Old Thu Dec 04, 2003, 06:37pm
Official Forum Member

I hateshining shoes. Do any of the Canadians in this forum know any place that sells leather lustre north of the border?