The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 27, 2003, 08:50pm
Official Forum Member

FB playoff Query.......

I originally posted this on the FB forum, but I may get more responses from this more active one. How does your state run its H.S FB playoffs? Separate divisions for Public schools and Private/Parochial,or combined?

Thanx oatmeal queen, I'm from the U.P.

[Edited by zebra44 on Nov 27th, 2003 at 08:13 PM]
Old Thu Nov 27, 2003, 09:08pm
Official Forum Member

In Michigan

Quote:
Originally posted by zebra44
I originally posted this on the FB forum, but I may get more responses from this more active one. How does your state run its playoffs? Separate divisions for Public schools and Private/Parochial,or combined?

Combined
Old Thu Nov 27, 2003, 09:24pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb One playoff for the State Championship.

If you are the member of the Illinois High School Association, you play in the playoffs run by the IHSA.

The only separation that exsists, if you want to call it that, is during the football post season, the teams that get knocked out of the playoffs early or did not make the playoffs play in a Chicago Catholic League playoff. Then after they have won the Catholic League Championship, they play the Chicago Public League Champion in what is called the Prep Bowl. The game has traditionally been held at Soldier Field in Chicago. This only involves the school in the Chicago Catholic League and the Chicago Public League (which holds their own tournament as well) teams in football. In Basketball, everyone makes the playoffs, but the Chicago Public League has their own tournament for the city championship. The CPL Champion until last year get and automatic bid to the State playoffs with 7 other teams. But last year they got rid of that process and in basketball everyone throughout the state has to go thru the same steps to advance to the State Finals (Regional, Sectional, Super-Sectional, then State Finals).

Peace
Old Fri Nov 28, 2003, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

Maryland - Public is separate here, with the private leagues running their own play-offs for the conference championship.