The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Any of you find the new areas for HS 3 man leaves the T will a really small zone without a lot of action and the L a really large zone and most of the action? In my last game I pregamed that I don't care if T cheats into the L's zone abit like last year's dual coverage. My evaluator listened in on the pregame and didn't comment.

What are other areas doing?
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 08:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Wink Not much of a change really.

Quote:
Originally posted by oc
Any of you find the new areas for HS 3 man leaves the T will a really small zone without a lot of action and the L a really large zone and most of the action? In my last game I pregamed that I don't care if T cheats into the L's zone abit like last year's dual coverage. My evaluator listened in on the pregame and didn't comment.

What are other areas doing?
I do pretty much the same thing we did before. Except for the area the was the dual area, is now the "secondary" coverage area of the T. But it is not something that really changes the way you do things, at least not for me. The T is still going to make calls in that area.

Peace
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 10:46pm
Huck Finn

I would agree that this doesn't change very much. I would also add that we should get involved at the T and not hang out at half court. In 3 and 2 person games in high school we often see the T near half court doing absolutely nothing. If you are the exception then that is good but we've all seen it. It really isn't fair in a 2 person game and it makes the T useless in a 3 person game. The T has to focus on his/her primary and get involved!
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 10:57pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
I would agree that this doesn't change very much. I would also add that we should get involved at the T and not hang out at half court. In 3 and 2 person games in high school we often see the T near half court doing absolutely nothing. If you are the exception then that is good but we've all seen it. It really isn't fair in a 2 person game and it makes the T useless in a 3 person game. The T has to focus on his/her primary and get involved!

tomegun,
Yeah, I call those guys "Sundials".
mick

You did get that case book thing on 10/28 ?
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, I addressed this subject on the McGriff board. As has already been stated, the L will have to continue to officiate this area. It's impossible for the L to officiate from the floor to the ceiling, especially on play in the low post.
Old Mon Nov 24, 2003, 06:38am
Huck Finn

Mick, I got it thanks. However it wasn't until Friday I finally convinced the board president and a few others about succesive timeouts during overtime. The other person I need to convince is going to be a tough one. It doesn't make sense but that is the case.
Old Mon Nov 24, 2003, 10:32pm
Administrator

I think that the Trail has to be active in extending his/her off-ball range. When the T is off-ball, the T needs to extend his/her off-ball coverage to where the players are. This does not mean to take plays away from his/her partners but to be aware of what is happening off-ball and be ready to take care of business, when he/she has the best look at at an off-ball play.

I agree that the T cannot be standing around picking his nose and scratching his tuckus or scratching his nose and picking his tuckus, but needs to be active in off-ball officiating.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio