The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 06:43pm
Official Forum Member

3 man mechanics. T and L are away from the table ball is in the frontcourt. T calls a foul, ball remains frontcourt pass from oob sideline away from the table. How do you switch?

-C obviously stays where he is. Do the T and L switch or does L stay put and T goes back and administers oob pass from exactly where he was?

Also please show me where this is in the manual. On p. 73 we have a similar sit. but the call was made table side. I cant find where the call is made away from the table.

In a recent game I thought T and L should switch. Evaluator says no switch. I see his point how it is an awkward switch-but can't find justification for his or my answer in the book. (of course if that's what he wants thats what I'll do)

FYI-In this first HS boys game of the year and I was made the R! Through attrition at the top of our association and hard work on the floor/studying the book/ and this website I am moving up. However this was a preseason game without the most experienced crew and I am still not on a regular HS boys schedule.

[Edited by oc on Nov 23rd, 2003 at 06:16 PM]
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 08:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb That is what it says.

I do not have the book with me right at this moment. But in NF Mechanics, you always go opposite table when you call a foul. If you are the T and you call a foul and you are staying in the front court, you still remain the T. No reason to switch, you are already opposite the table, you just go back. If you are the L, you switch, because it saves steps when you get ready for position.

Peace
Old Sun Nov 23, 2003, 08:49pm
Official Forum Member

Jeff is correct. If the ball remains in the FC, the calling official calls opposite table, either to T or C, depending on where the ball will be put in play. In your play, returning to T is the correct procedure.