The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

I like to keep a variety or styles to match my partner. Looking to purchase a new micro-mesh jersey. Any comments on what brands are best would be appreciated.
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yankeesfan
i would suggest either cliff keen or honig's. these are two excellent shirts.
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:06pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
The message I got in Texas was that if anyone is caught wearing the grey shirt, the whole chapter would be on probation.
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
The message I got in Texas was that if anyone is caught wearing the grey shirt, the whole chapter would be on probation.
Tim, they make the micromesh in stripes, too.
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
Your right, they do and I wear a great one that I bought from Official Purchase supply. I read into the question. Just like on the NF test that I never can seem to get a 100 on because I do that to too many questions.
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Question Grey Shirts. (Cannot find the answer, no search engine)

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
Has anyone approved the wearing of these shirts (grey, not micro mesh)? We were told at a college meeting that no assignor was approving these shirts to be worn during the game. Who other than the officiating supply stores are pushing these shirt?

Peace
Old Sun Nov 09, 2003, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
because its the "future" I think we'll be going this way in a few years. some JuCo uses em. And when word broke out that some NCAA confrences may be switching to them they started sellin all over the place. Honigs was told to remove them from thier table at one of our meetings.

I think you'll see grey shirts soon though.
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 07:40am
Huck Finn

True some JC conferences do use them. A few years back the PAC-10 wore them in their tournament. Arizona has been using a silver/grey shirt for Varsity for about 4 or 5 years.
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Grey Shirts

In Maine, The The Maine Principals Assoc. has authroized them as an alternate jersey and only if all game officials have wear it!
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

We're wearing grey in all of our NAIA stuff down this way (FL). We were going to wear them for D-2, but got a memo a couple of weeks ago that said to go back to the stripes.
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 12:41pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ace
because its the "future" I think we'll be going this way in a few years. some JuCo uses em. And when word broke out that some NCAA confrences may be switching to them they started sellin all over the place. Honigs was told to remove them from thier table at one of our meetings.

I think you'll see grey shirts soon though.
Well if it is the future, then there is a hell of a lot of folks against them in high places. The only people I hear talking about them are not assignors or on any committee that makes these decisions. And my college assignor told us that at the assignors meeting in Indianapolis, they were told not to use these shirts. Now you might be able to use them in a local conference, but forget about it when it comes to tournament and post-season play. I do not think this is like the baseball shirts. And even in baseball no one has changed to the all-black variety, that the MLB umpires wear.

Peace
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 12:45pm
Official Forum Member

reasons

I like the look and most of those in my association do too. What are some of the reasons for the resistance to a change. They look great and if you are in shape you will look very sharp.
Old Mon Nov 10, 2003, 01:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Just a personal opnion.

Quote:
Originally posted by caref
I like the look and most of those in my association do too. What are some of the reasons for the resistance to a change. They look great and if you are in shape you will look very sharp.
Well if liking the look is the only reason for a change, then I am sure they would change more than the shirt. I do not think the issue is whether you or I like the look, the issue is changing something that has been that way for a long time. Or you could make the argument that the NF or NCAA does not want to align themselves with the NBA, which has a completely different mission in basketball than they do. I know this much, I do not think they look that much better and do not want to have to buy a bunch of new shirts and have them patched up because we have a change. Also, Black and white stripes are neutral, gray is worn by many teams during the season. We need to stand out more than the grey shirts in my opinion allow.

Peace