The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 01, 2021, 04:49pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No More Fun With ...

Attended the first day of the IAABO Fall Seminar today. One of the international administrators started the meeting with a statement (paraphrased) that all materials presented at the seminar were the copyrighted property of IAABO and could not be reproduced or used without the express written permission of IAABO.

That piqued my curiosity, so at the lunch break I asked the same administrator if this also applied to IAABO Make The Call Videos because I liked to share the videos and commentary with non-IAABO friends and colleagues (I didn't mention the scope of my "sharing").

He answered in the affirmative and suggested that I stop sharing these and that if I didn't stop (not a threat, he just laid his cards on the table), that I could be subject to a suspension from the IAABO Make The Call Video email list, or worse, a suspension from IAABO.

Apparently the fee for the ReQuest Plus IAABO video program is quite expensive, with the fee based on the number of IAABO members that receive the videos, which is why he isn't bothered that only a few thousand of the 15,000 IAABO members participate in the ReQuest Plus IAABO video program.

It was fun (and educational) while it lasted, but I have to stop sharing these. Too bad, I really felt that I was contributing something positive to the Forum, my best contribution to the Forum since I joined the Forum over fifteen years ago.

If any non-IAABO members (or IAABO members that don't fear suspension) have access to the ReQuest Plus IAABO video program, please feel free to post.

What's going to happen to the Forum without these? Over the past several months about 75% of the threads on the Forum have been "Fun with ..." threads.

Sorry guys.

Gee, I hope that I don't lose my Esteemed Forum Member status that includes a discounted annual fee to post on the Forum.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Oct 02, 2021 at 05:55am.
Old Wed Oct 13, 2021, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

No more fun With ...

Man these video's were a great teaching tool for all. Many people commented on that!!! So Sorry to see them go away. Thanks for trying to improve us all!!

Enjoy the Season!!