The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 07, 2020, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Yes, we feel safe enough. However we respect that people who do not know us have no idea that we've had Covid and that we are safe. Even if people trust us, if they prefer that we stay masked up, that's what we do.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
As does my family. I figured it can't hurt to stay masked up and help society/mankind.

I am going to ref with a whistle shield AND/OR a face mask.

I'm really not looking forward to the season. It's going to be a season of crap.
Old Mon Dec 07, 2020, 04:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Risk Versus Reward ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRZ View Post
At the risk of encouraging BillyMac to dig up an Hill Street Blues clip, be careful out there.

I wonder how many young'uns on the Forum have absolutely no idea what LRZ and I are referring to. They'll have to look it up on the Google.

Also. Great show. Joyce Davenport (Veronica Hamel) was hot.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Mon Dec 07, 2020, 05:00pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Referee View Post
Does anybody really know????

I've been told anywhere from 90-150 days of being "immune". My wife was doing some research the other day and read the number of days may be incorrect as there could be different strains out there.
Initially, we were thinking that after 90 days we would start being cautious again. But more and more research is showing that immunity is longer than that. By the time our 90-day window is up people will have started getting the vaccine plus a lot more people will have contracted the virus.

One of my best friends is going through metastatic breast cancer treatment and she has felt comfortable spending time with me and my wife.

There are still a lot of restrictions in place in Virginia, so it's not like we can just go out and live life like it's 1999. But we do plan on going out to movies if something is playing that we like. We've attended in person Bible study, but twice our sessions have had to go to Zoom because of positive cases, including ours.

Bottom line, we feel more comfortable doing things out and about than we did before we contracted the virus. That being said, we are both very respectful of others, and we never want to put anybody in a position of feeling uncomfortable.

Old Mon Dec 07, 2020, 05:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Initially, we were thinking that after 90 days we would start being cautious again. But more and more research is showing that immunity is longer than that. By the time our 90-day window is up people will have started getting the vaccine plus a lot more people will have contracted the virus.

One of my best friends is going through metastatic breast cancer treatment and she has felt comfortable spending time with me and my wife.

There are still a lot of restrictions in place in Virginia, so it's not like we can just go out and live life like it's 1999. But we do plan on going out to movies if something is playing that we like. We've attended in person Bible study, but twice our sessions have had to go to Zoom because of positive cases, including ours.

Bottom line, we feel more comfortable doing things out and about than we did before we contracted the virus. That being said, we are both very respectful of others, and we never want to put anybody in a position of feeling uncomfortable.

I agree with you. After getting it, I feel somewhat liberated and can go back to a somewhat normal life. I still wear a mask most places I go and do what I can to make other people comfortable and do what I can to help stop the spread.