Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Jun 02, 2020, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
1) That citation you provided was very good reading

2) Good for you. Do you want a medal? Does that make you brave or something? I played golf outside without a mask over a month ago. Not sure what your point is. I rarely wear a mask outside.

Some people just need attention I guess. Now we know who announcers are talking about when they say "that official is making it all about himself".

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just pointing out that most of the medical community outside the quacks and media grifters that haven't seen a patient in years consider the.masks and the lockdowns are a joke. Our hospital system would be back to no masks if it weren't for liability lawsuit fears.
Old Tue Jun 02, 2020, 08:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Citation please.

The British Medical Journal Thorax (British Thoracic Society), and Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), both say otherwise.
I don't see anything from the former in the news that points to anything to the contrary other than the cruise ship issue. The AMA shows nothing in the news and they aren't especially trustworthy on anything that is a political issue. CDC as of three weeks ago doesn't point to anything definite.
Old Wed Jun 03, 2020, 08:29am
Official Forum Member

This thread has gotten so off topic from officiating it should be locked. Take your political and medical opinions elsewhere.
Old Wed Jun 03, 2020, 09:47am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
This thread has gotten so off topic from officiating it should be locked. Take your political and medical opinions elsewhere.
Unfortunately, this has been politicized by the people at the top that want to complain because of who is making some of the decisions. The reality is that this is going to be bigger than a governor making a decision. There will be local authorities that will decide what their school districts are going to do and if they participate in events based on their local health concerns. We are not going to talk about even "masks" if there are not games in several districts by the time the school year starts because there are schools not even open. But people like in Illinois have tried to make this about the governor and his positions politically, while in Indiana they did the very same thing and schools were shut down for the rest of the year before Illinois made such a decision. And we have a leader that wants to make wearing a mask a bad thing, but has not figured out how to get this under control. So politics is all around this issue and clearly coming out in this conversation.

Peace
Old Wed Jun 03, 2020, 10:19am
Esteemed Forum Member

Wash Your Hands ...

Quote:
This thread has gotten so off topic from officiating ...
Agree. However, JRutledge recently posted some great comments bringing us back to the topic of officiating.

For my part, I was just trying to debunk some health myths with the intent of keeping us all safe, and hopefully moving us closer back to normal, even if it's a new normal.

Good news. Next week (for the first time since mid-March) I'm going to church and I'm going to get a haircut.

I'm starting to look like a Beatle, the good looking Beatle.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Wed Jun 03, 2020, 11:05am
Esteemed Forum Member

The Myth Is A Myth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPERBBB View Post
The AMA shows nothing in the news and they aren't especially trustworthy on anything that is a political issue.
Journal of the American Medical Association
May 27, 2020
Comparison Of Clinical Characteristics Of Patients With Asymptomatic Vs Symptomatic Coronavirus Disease 2019 In Wuhan, China

... For the study, the researchers from Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University in China, where the virus was first identified, analyzed data from 78 cases of confirmed COVID-19. The cases were linked with 26 people exposed to the Hunan seafood market -- where the outbreak is believed to have originated -- or close contact with others who had been infected ...

... Although patients who were asymptomatic experienced less harm to themselves, they may have been unaware of their disease and therefore not isolated themselves or sought treatment, or they may have been overlooked by health care workers and thus unknowingly transmitted the virus to others ...

... Asymptomatic patients also shed virus, were contagious, for eight days, compared to 19 days in patients with outward symptoms, they said ...

... Although patients with milder, asymptomatic COVID-19 … may suffer less damage to their immune systems, they may still be contagious, but for less time than those with more serious illness, the authors concluded ...

... Therefore, identifying and isolating patients with asymptomatic COVID-19 as early as possible is critical to control the transmission of COVID-19 ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jun 03, 2020 at 03:29pm.
Old Wed Jun 03, 2020, 07:07pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Agreed. Sorry for falling asleep at the switch.
Closed Thread