The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 11:38am
Official Forum Member

Patent leather "out"?

A search didn't show anything definitive and I seem to remember maybe just an offhand comment from Rut. But has the shine come off, so to speak, wearing patent leather shoes? Seems not too long ago if you were or wanted to be "someone," patent leather was a marker.

Never been a fashion maven, but I need to invest in some good footwear again to save ankles, feet, knees, etc. So wondering what the view is from the top down (or, heck, middle out). If you have that "big" assignment especially, is patent leather worth shopping for again? Posed by an odd-sizer who would have to look pretty far and wide.
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 11:48am
Official Forum Member

This might be overstating it, but as long as the shoes are black (and some would say "mostly black") then No. One. Cares.
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 11:54am
Do not give a damn!!

I will say it this way. This is a trend that tends to change over time. Just like when I started it was about your shoes being shined and only wearing leather shoes. Now it really is up to where you live and who you work for and if they care. Hardly anyone cares anymore about what shoe you wear, as long as it is black. But the patient leather option seems to have kind of come a little out of fashion. But that was the case in the early 90s too and it came back.

Peace
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 12:06pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Fashionista ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesman View Post
Patent leather "out"?
What?

Please say it ain't so.

I just bought two new pairs of patent leather beltless officiating slacks.

I guess that I'll just wear them to church on Sundays.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Oct 25, 2019 at 12:15pm.
Old Fri Oct 25, 2019, 12:38pm
Courageous When Prudent

I wear Zigs and I stopped wearing patent leather because I had 2 straight pair where I got holes on top of shoe in the same spot right around where my big toe is. The non-patent leather models seem to be better constructed.