The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Stolen tip (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104525-stolen-tip.html)

thedewed Mon Apr 08, 2019 08:52pm

Stolen tip
 
Do they allow that in the NC game? LOL. He definitely got it on the way up.

SC Official Mon Apr 08, 2019 09:14pm

Christ.

Why are worthless posts like this allowed?

thedewed Mon Apr 08, 2019 09:26pm

You don't think it's noteworthy on an officiating board that the opening tip of the NC game was a stolen tip? OK.

Matt S. Mon Apr 08, 2019 09:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1032160)
Christ.

Why are worthless posts like this allowed?

SC official, why is nearly every one of your posts along the lines of 'ultimate referee apologist?'

Every stakeholder, on the floor and on this forum, is human. If people want to vent here, so be it! Your level of defensiveness is a bit much.

SC Official Mon Apr 08, 2019 09:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedewed (Post 1032161)
You don't think it's noteworthy on an officiating board that the opening tip of the NC game was a stolen tip? OK.

No, I really don’t. And that’s assuming it actually was a violation.

Do you have a point other than to play “gotcha” and point out that the official possibly made a mistake? If you do, then make it.

SC Official Mon Apr 08, 2019 09:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt S. (Post 1032162)
SC official, why is nearly every one of your posts along the lines of 'ultimate referee apologist?'

Every stakeholder, on the floor and on this forum, is human. If people want to vent here, so be it! Your level of defensiveness is a bit much.

Posting or discussing missed plays is fine if they have a learning purpose.

If their only purpose is to say “gotcha,” as is the case with this thread, they don’t belong on this forum. Take it to one of the many fanboy sites.

Thankfully, I don’t answer to you.

JRutledge Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32pm

Was that a stolen tip too?

Peace

chapmaja Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1032165)
Posting or discussing missed plays is fine if they have a learning purpose.

If their only purpose is to say “gotcha,” as is the case with this thread, they don’t belong on this forum. Take it to one of the many fanboy sites.

Thankfully, I don’t answer to you.

Are you a moderator on these forums?

thedewed Tue Apr 09, 2019 08:00am

Wasn't it a stolen tip?

deecee Tue Apr 09, 2019 08:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedewed (Post 1032178)
Wasn't it a stolen tip?

Was it?

Pantherdreams Tue Apr 09, 2019 08:20am

This whole conversation sounds a lot like teenagers in love trying decide if just worrying about a tip is big deal or not.

Just play safe y'all.

Matt S. Tue Apr 09, 2019 08:24am

Pantherdream, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and typically never engage in pettiness like this.

However, this particular person has made countless posts during the course of the tournament that are nothing more than acting like the safety patrol in elementary school. Someone had to call him out for his BS, and that someone was me.

OK, I'm done :)

JRutledge Tue Apr 09, 2019 08:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt S. (Post 1032181)
Pantherdream, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and typically never engage in pettiness like this.

However, this particular person has made countless posts during the course of the tournament that are nothing more than acting like the safety patrol in elementary school. Someone had to call him out for his BS, and that someone was me.

OK, I'm done :)

You mean like the OPer and this topic? We started a thread over a stolen tip? That is what we are talking about? Not one of many topics in a "request" thread?

That to me is a bunch of BS and I am not a moderator. Just stupid on many levels.

Peace

SC Official Tue Apr 09, 2019 09:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt S. (Post 1032181)
Pantherdream, I wholeheartedly agree with you, and typically never engage in pettiness like this.

However, this particular person has made countless posts during the course of the tournament that are nothing more than acting like the safety patrol in elementary school. Someone had to call him out for his BS, and that someone was me.

OK, I'm done :)

When posters that haven't sniffed the resume of Final Four officials (i.e. all of us) create threads for the sole purpose of pointing out "Oh look, they (might have) messed something up, how could a FF official make that mistake?" I have no problem calling it out. I'm sorry you do.

Again, I don't answer to you. If you think I'm petty, why did you respond? Clearly the moderators have no issue with this thread, so I guess I'm wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

SC Official Tue Apr 09, 2019 09:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1032182)
You mean like the OPer and this topic? We started a thread over a stolen tip? That is what we are talking about? Not one of many topics in a "request" thread?

That to me is a bunch of BS and I am not a moderator. Just stupid on many levels.

Peace

Not even a video request for the jump ball or an interest in discussing what we can do better. Just a sarcastic "do they allow that, LOL?" How anyone thinks a thread like this is productive or helpful is beyond me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52pm.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1