The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Tenn v Purdue video request (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104501-tenn-v-purdue-video-request.html)

Nevadaref Thu Mar 28, 2019 07:14pm

Tenn v Purdue video request

Offensive BI call by Jeff Anderson at 1:25 of the first half.

Nevadaref Thu Mar 28, 2019 07:16pm

30.4 left in the first half. Defensive foul called on Purdue.

AremRed Thu Mar 28, 2019 07:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 1031725)
30.4 left in the first half. Defensive foul called on Purdue.

No need to clip this one, pretty clearly a wrong call. Same kinda play incorrectly called a foul in Wofford-Kentucky.

SC Official Thu Mar 28, 2019 08:40pm

Foul on the 3-point shot with 1.7 left in regulation.

I’m listening on the radio so haven’t seen the play.

Rich Thu Mar 28, 2019 08:41pm

There's a Purdue drive in the last minute masterfully officiated by Carstensen. Straight up defense, Arm comes down and gets all ball.

Best and most entertaining game of the tournament so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bucky Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:07pm

What game? I am too focused on watching Andersen run or whatever you want to call it:rolleyes:

Rich Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucky (Post 1031735)
What game? I am too focused on watching Andersen run or whatever you want to call it:rolleyes:

Works for him. No supervisor should ever be able to say, however, that an official "runs funny."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AremRed Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1031732)
Foul on the 3-point shot with 1.7 left in regulation.

I’m listening on the radio so haven’t seen the play.

It was a foul. Good call by Jeff and the player nearly stepped OOB too.

Pantherdreams Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:10pm

Foul on 3pt shooter with 2 seconds left in regulation.

dabard Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:35pm

Video of foul with 1.7 left

https://twitter.com/i/status/1111449605978378240

SC Official Thu Mar 28, 2019 09:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 1031736)
Works for him. No supervisor should ever be able to say, however, that an official "runs funny."

Thing is at that level, they have so many guys to choose from that they can use any petty criteria they want to weed out candidates. I bet Jeff didn’t run like that until he got to the point in his career where it wouldn’t affect his schedule. Can’t imagine a journeyman official who runs like that getting picked up in the ACC.

Rich Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1031742)
Thing is at that level, they have so many guys to choose from that they can use any petty criteria they want to weed out candidates. I bet Jeff didn’t run like that until he got to the point in his career where it wouldn’t affect his schedule. Can’t imagine a journeyman official who runs like that getting picked up in the ACC.

At my (HS varsity) level, they should care about playcalling and communication. I wonder if there's a physical reason he runs that way. I showed my wife and she thinks it could be easier on his knees.

AremRed Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1031742)

Jeff says his doctor told him to do it because of his bad knees. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

JRutledge Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:18pm

We are really worried about how a man runs? Seriously, that is what we are doing?

Peace

Rich Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1031746)
We are really worried about how a man runs? Seriously, that is what we are doing?

Peace

I've heard that from assigners about other officials.