The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 12:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
So how about just posting plays where we can learn and not include plays where there's simply an official who missed a call?

What good comes of that, in general, unless there's some kind of teaching point?

That said, there are some good ones in here, so I'm not saying they are all in that category.

I agree with Rut -- one thread per game works best.
An alternative is that when the discussion for a video gets interesting, branch it off into it's own thread. The nice part of that is that anybody can do it and it won't add to Rut's workload.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Definitely not a travel. You can argue a player control foul, but I'm good with the no call.
I do not think it is a travel violation at all. He never puts his pivot foot down on the floor. And it looked bad and I might have thought about it more than I should to make this call, but I am glad they did not guess. I saw it live and said to myself, "That looks like a travel." But we cannot call what it "looks like" but what it actually is. Kind of like the Michigan HS Tournament issue.

Peace
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:22pm
Official Forum Member

The "travel" looks ugly, but I wouldn't call it. Nothing worse than getting called out for a borderline travel call/no-call. Close enough, let it go. It's been made clear that no one cares about marginal travels at almost any level.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
The "travel" looks ugly, but I wouldn't call it. Nothing worse than getting called out for a borderline travel call/no-call. Close enough, let it go. It's been made clear that no one cares about marginal travels at almost any level.
Which video are we talking about?
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

Peace
I have this is a "missed" call by the official. I don't think he ever touched out of bounds until after he released the ball.

With that said, I also completely understand why this was missed. From the officials angle on the play, the official likely thought the knee hit before the ball was released.

It was a missed call, but I think a lot of officials would miss this call in real time, including myself.
Old Fri Mar 22, 2019, 01:40pm
AremRed

Hey Rut on the topic of posting videos do you mind labeling them “Play 1”, “Play 2”, etc?