The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 05, 2019, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 358
Send a message via AIM to Danvrapp
Blood...and disinfectant?

Game today where girls is shooting a free throw. Notice a dime-sized spot of what appears to be dried blood on the jersey. Tell the coach we need a jersey change with no penalty. No problem or argument from the coach...he immediately takes her out of the game.

Time goes by...she comes back in with the same jersey! Coach states the trainer sprayed it with disinfectant. Confirm this to be true with the trainer. Jersey appears damp around the blood spot as though it was sprayed and rubbed/ground in.

Is this OK? Should we have forced her to change jerseys?
__________________
Dan R.
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 05, 2019, 11:04pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,345
Oooh. Tough one. Scholastic game, Iíll probably be an apologetic stickler here. The rule says the blood canít be there. Period. Go to the cage or locker room and get a spare jersey. Maybe even the opposing team can lend one.

If this is a less organized game, weekend youth game, etc., Iíd be good with the intent to clean and disinfect as described. They probably donít have any spare jerseys.

The NCAA rule is a little more forgiving. There, the blood simply canít ďsaturateĒ the jersey. So rubbing it out with disinfectant probably suffices in NCAA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sat Jan 05, 2019, 11:56pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountry55 View Post
Oooh. Tough one. Scholastic game, Iíll probably be an apologetic stickler here. The rule says the blood canít be there. Period. Go to the cage or locker room and get a spare jersey. Maybe even the opposing team can lend one.

If this is a less organized game, weekend youth game, etc., Iíd be good with the intent to clean and disinfect as described. They probably donít have any spare jerseys.

The NCAA rule is a little more forgiving. There, the blood simply canít ďsaturateĒ the jersey. So rubbing it out with disinfectant probably suffices in NCAA.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, 3-3-7 says appropriately cleaned and/or changed, so I'm good with disinfected.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 12:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 17,186
Uniform And/Or Body Is Appropriately Cleaned ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
Actually, 3-3-7 says appropriately cleaned and/or changed, so I'm good with disinfected.
Nice citation, full text below.

A player who is bleeding, has an open wound, has any amount
of blood on his/her uniform, or has blood on his/her person, shall be
directed to leave the game until the bleeding is stopped, the wound is
covered, the uniform and/or body is appropriately cleaned, and/or the
uniform is changed before returning to competition, unless a time-out is
requested by, and granted to, his/her team and the situation can be
corrected by the end of the time-out.
__________________
John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 12:45pm
Rich's Avatar
Get away from me, Steve.
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 15,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvrapp View Post
Game today where girls is shooting a free throw. Notice a dime-sized spot of what appears to be dried blood on the jersey. Tell the coach we need a jersey change with no penalty. No problem or argument from the coach...he immediately takes her out of the game.

Time goes by...she comes back in with the same jersey! Coach states the trainer sprayed it with disinfectant. Confirm this to be true with the trainer. Jersey appears damp around the blood spot as though it was sprayed and rubbed/ground in.

Is this OK? Should we have forced her to change jerseys?
Does this fit your definition of appropriately cleaned? Sounds like it would meet mine.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sun Jan 06, 2019, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Does this fit your definition of appropriately cleaned? Sounds like it would meet mine.


Mine too. Rule citation did it for me. I learn something new every day!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blood WhistlesAndStripes Basketball 6 Sat Jan 03, 2015 05:01pm
20-Second I.O.T. for Blood? bainsey Basketball 48 Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40am
Blood OverAndBack Football 2 Sat Sep 02, 2006 03:51pm
Blood OT rainmaker Basketball 19 Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:09pm
Blood, blood, ref, she's bleeding! rainmaker Basketball 27 Wed Jan 01, 2003 12:21pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1