The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   block/charge (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/104019-block-charge.html)

jeremy341a Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35pm

block/charge

Thoughts on this block call? Is there any reason this should come from the C?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3uICc94etIA?start=732" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JRutledge Thu Sep 13, 2018 01:34pm

Not many thoughts because I cannot tell much of anything in the video. The video has our look totally straighlined.

The play is in transition, so the C would be one of the main people making this call.

Peace

jeremy341a Thu Sep 13, 2018 01:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1024513)
Not many thoughts because I cannot tell much of anything in the video. The video has our look totally straighlined.

The play is in transition, so the C would be one of the main people making this call.

Peace

That's is what I was really wondering about. Not such much the accuracy of the call as to why the C made it. I thought that from his view straight from the side he would have a hard time telling if the defender was legal. I was was thinking the L would have a better look. On further viewings I noticed he was a little late getting to the end line.

JRutledge Thu Sep 13, 2018 03:01pm

The C might be the only person that sees the entire play. Again, this is in transition. The L might not be in a settled position to see this play. Even the T can come in if they clearly see the play. Again, it is in transition, where we help until we all get to where we need to be on the court.

Peace

Raymond Thu Sep 13, 2018 03:44pm

The video is 20 minutes long, what am I supposed to be looking for?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JRutledge Thu Sep 13, 2018 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1024519)

I think all he wants to see the play first run at the way he has it set up, but he does not help you with that information very well. I believe the video play is the block-charge which you can see at the 12:12 mark.

Peace

Raymond Thu Sep 13, 2018 06:35pm

For the play around the 12:12 mark, I have no problem with the C having a whistle because the Lead was late and didn't look like he reacted to the play at all.

WACG Squad will be on my radar if they come through the local AAU facility, b/c they have some sh!tty sportsmanship from coaches to players to fans. I've had Bradley Beal's team before and they were well-behaved.

AremRed Thu Sep 13, 2018 09:32pm

This is Lead's play. Straight down the pipe, Lead should be at closedown or very close and have eyes on secondary defenders in the paint. Slot should not have a whistle at all, assuming Lead does. If Lead doesn't hit it, Slot should come in with a late whistle and clean up.

jeremy341a Fri Sep 14, 2018 08:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond (Post 1024519)

Does it not start near the block/charge play at 12:12? Do I have it embedded wrong? I apologize

jeremy341a Fri Sep 14, 2018 08:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1024520)
I think all he wants to see the play first run at the way he has it set up, but he does not help you with that information very well. I believe the video play is the block-charge which you can see at the 12:12 mark.

Peace

My mistake. I had it set up to run right before the play in question. I didn't realize that people would think I wondered about a play that would take place at a different time. I apologize. I will try to be more clear in the future.

Raymond Fri Sep 14, 2018 08:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 1024526)
Does it not start near the block/charge play at 12:12? Do I have it embedded wrong? I apologize

No, it started at the beginning of the video. I know there's a way to make it start at a certain point but I don't know it.

AremRed Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 1024527)
My mistake. I had it set up to run right before the play in question. I didn't realize that people would think I wondered about a play that would take place at a different time. I apologize. I will try to be more clear in the future.

It did start at the correct time for me using my laptop. I believe Raymond is using Tapatalk to view, which may not jive with the YouTube encoding.

JRutledge Fri Sep 14, 2018 02:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1024531)
It did start at the correct time for me using my laptop. I believe Raymond is using Tapatalk to view, which may not jive with the YouTube encoding.

It started on mine correctly too, but I was not sure that it did that until later. He did not set it up for us very well.

Peace

jeremy341a Fri Sep 14, 2018 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 1024532)
It started on mine correctly too, but I was not sure that it did that until later. He did not set it up for us very well.

Peace

In the future what should I do differently? Should I post the time of the play also?

JRutledge Fri Sep 14, 2018 03:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 1024533)
In the future what should I do differently? Should I post the time of the play also?

Tell us where the play is and what exactly we are looking at. It was a little confusing because when I went back to the video, I did not realize it started in the middle the play you were looking at. Just give a heads up, so those looking on different devices are not guessing. No big deal, but it was confusing to me and I was on my computer when commenting. I thought at first the video was only this play, it clearly was not.

Peace