The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAAW Final Notre Dame/Mississippi State (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/103741-ncaaw-final-notre-dame-mississippi-state.html)

SC Official Sun Apr 01, 2018 05:16pm

NCAAW Final Notre Dame/Mississippi State

Big surprise

Dee Kantner
Brenda Pantoja
Joe Vaszily

AremRed Sun Apr 01, 2018 05:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1020179)
Big surprise

Dee Kantner
Brenda Pantoja
Joe Vaszily

Name a more iconic trio than these three reffing the womens Final Four.

AremRed Sun Apr 01, 2018 07:17pm

Reviews like that are dumb.

At least they didn't blow off the fireworks too early.

SC Official Sun Apr 01, 2018 07:18pm

Last 10 seconds, MSU has the ball. Foul at the division line?

AremRed Sun Apr 01, 2018 07:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1020188)

Nah, defender got ball first.

AremRed Sun Apr 01, 2018 07:27pm

Should have been a technical on Miss State for leaving court for unauthorized reason, especially after refs told them to stay.

Only half sarcastic.

bucky Sun Apr 01, 2018 07:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1020180)
Name a more iconic trio than these three reffing the womens Final Four.

Have to sub Mattingly for either Pantoja or Vascily. Sally Bell has an amazing history too.

Kantner has quite the resume. She worked the Final 3 years in a row and twice, 5 years in a row. I think she has worked a total of 15 championship games.

SC Official Sun Apr 01, 2018 08:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucky (Post 1020197)
Have to sub Mattingly for either Pantoja or Vascily. Sally Bell has an amazing history too.

Kantner has quite the resume. She worked the Final 3 years in a row and twice, 5 years in a row. I think she has worked a total of 15 championship games.

I just find it hard to believe that she is simply so much better than every women's official in the country that she needs to be the R in the final every year. When was the last time she didn't work the final? The Final Four period?

Not saying she's not a great official or not deserving, but things like this are the reasons claims of the "good ol' (girls) system" happen.

Raymond Sun Apr 01, 2018 08:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1020199)
I just find it hard to believe that she is simply so much better than every women's official in the country that she needs to be the R in the final every year. When was the last time she didn't work the final? The Final Four period?

Not saying she's not a great official or not deserving, but things like this are the reasons claims of the "good ol' (girls) system" happen.

I agree. Doesn't say much for the developmental process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ODog Sun Apr 01, 2018 08:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 1020187)
Reviews like that are dumb.

At least they didn't blow off the fireworks too early.

Agreed. Total debacle. And a "bad look," if the NCAA cares about that kind of stuff.

You could even argue the fact that the decision of .1 second was dubious, as you could make the case the ball hadn't fully cleared the net. To STILL choose to split that hair when MSU and its coach had conceded and were already in the locker room is just a lack of common sense.

AremRed Sun Apr 01, 2018 09:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODog (Post 1020203)
Agreed. Total debacle. And a "bad look," if the NCAA cares about that kind of stuff.

You could even argue the fact that the decision of .1 second was dubious, as you could make the case the ball hadn't fully cleared the net. To STILL choose to split that hair when MSU and its coach had conceded and were already in the locker room is just a lack of common sense.

Seriously all they had to do was claim “too close to call”, and GTFO of there. Or go to the Miss State coach and ask if he wants a review. He clearly didn’t. But I understand they gotta do what their supervisors want, and their supervisors don’t want there to be ANY room for argument that things were not done exactly correctly. Don’t expect a rule change, I doubt the NCAA cares all that much.

ballgame99 Mon Apr 02, 2018 08:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC Official (Post 1020188)

There was a really loud outcry on social media about this being a foul and how she was "tackled", i thought the replay clearly showed this to be a great no call. Especially in transition like that. Defender is retreating and gets ball on the deflection and the offensive player looks to go down due to incidental contact.