The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 05:16pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,130
NCAAW Final Notre Dame/Mississippi State

Big surprise

Dee Kantner
Brenda Pantoja
Joe Vaszily
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 05:32pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Big surprise

Dee Kantner
Brenda Pantoja
Joe Vaszily
Name a more iconic trio than these three reffing the womens Final Four.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 07:17pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Reviews like that are dumb.

At least they didn't blow off the fireworks too early.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,130
Last 10 seconds, MSU has the ball. Foul at the division line?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 07:20pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Last 10 seconds, MSU has the ball. Foul at the division line?
Nah, defender got ball first.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 07:27pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Should have been a technical on Miss State for leaving court for unauthorized reason, especially after refs told them to stay.

Only half sarcastic.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 07:45pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Name a more iconic trio than these three reffing the womens Final Four.
Have to sub Mattingly for either Pantoja or Vascily. Sally Bell has an amazing history too.

Kantner has quite the resume. She worked the Final 3 years in a row and twice, 5 years in a row. I think she has worked a total of 15 championship games.
__________________
If some rules are never enforced, then why do they exist?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
Have to sub Mattingly for either Pantoja or Vascily. Sally Bell has an amazing history too.

Kantner has quite the resume. She worked the Final 3 years in a row and twice, 5 years in a row. I think she has worked a total of 15 championship games.
I just find it hard to believe that she is simply so much better than every women's official in the country that she needs to be the R in the final every year. When was the last time she didn't work the final? The Final Four period?

Not saying she's not a great official or not deserving, but things like this are the reasons claims of the "good ol' (girls) system" happen.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 08:36pm
Courageous When Prudent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 12,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I just find it hard to believe that she is simply so much better than every women's official in the country that she needs to be the R in the final every year. When was the last time she didn't work the final? The Final Four period?

Not saying she's not a great official or not deserving, but things like this are the reasons claims of the "good ol' (girls) system" happen.
I agree. Doesn't say much for the developmental process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
__________________
A-hole formerly known as BNR
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 08:43pm
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Reviews like that are dumb.

At least they didn't blow off the fireworks too early.
Agreed. Total debacle. And a "bad look," if the NCAA cares about that kind of stuff.

You could even argue the fact that the decision of .1 second was dubious, as you could make the case the ball hadn't fully cleared the net. To STILL choose to split that hair when MSU and its coach had conceded and were already in the locker room is just a lack of common sense.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old Sun Apr 01, 2018, 09:12pm
Show up, keep up, shut up
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODog View Post
Agreed. Total debacle. And a "bad look," if the NCAA cares about that kind of stuff.

You could even argue the fact that the decision of .1 second was dubious, as you could make the case the ball hadn't fully cleared the net. To STILL choose to split that hair when MSU and its coach had conceded and were already in the locker room is just a lack of common sense.
Seriously all they had to do was claim “too close to call”, and GTFO of there. Or go to the Miss State coach and ask if he wants a review. He clearly didn’t. But I understand they gotta do what their supervisors want, and their supervisors don’t want there to be ANY room for argument that things were not done exactly correctly. Don’t expect a rule change, I doubt the NCAA cares all that much.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old Mon Apr 02, 2018, 08:21am
Official Forum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Last 10 seconds, MSU has the ball. Foul at the division line?
There was a really loud outcry on social media about this being a foul and how she was "tackled", i thought the replay clearly showed this to be a great no call. Especially in transition like that. Defender is retreating and gets ball on the deflection and the offensive player looks to go down due to incidental contact.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NCAAW Notre Dame/UConn SC Official Basketball 16 Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:51pm
NC State -- Notre Dame end of regulation (Video) JMUplayer Basketball 8 Tue Jan 27, 2015 02:58am
Uconn v Notre Dame NCAAW Mechanics (Video) RefCT Basketball 4 Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:16pm
Notre Dame to ACC....... HLin NC Football 1 Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:28pm
Odd Notre Dame/GT question ToGreySt Football 5 Sun Sep 02, 2007 08:44pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18am.



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 RC1